To manage and undertake an independent assessment of the quality and effectiveness of controls, risk management, systems, processes and procedures in order to ensure that risks are effectively managed in accordance with all relevant policies and regulations.
- Support management in understanding and accepting where corrective actions need to be taken in order to protect the Bank.
- As appropriate, pro-actively liaise with internal stakeholders and team members in order to discuss current and future issues; feed risks identified into the planning process.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s policies, procedures and guidelines together with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements where appropriate implementing actions to protect the Bank’s business at all times.
- Recommend changes to policies, systems, processes and working practices in order to achieve operational improvement.
- Manage, motivate and develop team members as required, so that their individual and collective performance is of the required standard and meets the current and future needs of the business.
- Performing fieldwork and involved in the overall effectiveness assessment of controls.
- Produce draft issues/findings for Senior Audit Manager or Head of Audit’s review and present to business’ management detailing the findings of reviews in order to agree factual accuracy and make generic recommendations for improvements to the management and control of risk.
- As appropriate, pro-actively liaise with stakeholders and team members in order to discuss current and future issues; feed risks identified into the planning process and provide advice and guidance as required, whilst promoting best practice.
- Confirm that outstanding issues identified during reviews are followed up and resolved to ensure that risks are effectively managed in accordance with all relevant policies and regulations.
- Manage and maintain relationships with management, colleagues and relevant external parties to discuss current and future issues and ensure their requirements and concerns are addressed.
- Undertake reviews, as directed, in order to assess the quality and effectiveness of controls, risk management, systems, processes and procedures, highlighting areas of concern.
- Plan and organise reviews in accordance with the Internal Audit Plan and agree audit scope and terms of reference to ensure they are carried out effectively and within the timescales allocated, keeping management informed of their progress and findings.
- Strong command of English.
- Knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage
- Internal Audit experience
- Strong verbal communication
- Prior retail banking experience and finance
- Good understanding of banking concepts, products and procedures
- Good knowledge of Banking regulations
- Good knowledge of retail and finance processes
- ACA or Other Professional qualification relevant to the role.
- Must be a graduate
- 3 + years’ experience in external or internal audit
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.