Website Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City - SSMC
The Biostatistician functions as a statistical consultant/project manager by applying statistical programming and related methods such as machine learning and scientific expertise to the design, implementation, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of clinical research studies. The Biostatistician must possess basic expertise in a wide variety of statistical techniques to meet the demands of study teams and investigators. The Biostatistician will assist with directing the progress of the bio-statistical aspects of research and clinical studies, in collaboration with clinical research investigators. The Biostatistician will work to summarize and communicate project findings to study team members, investigators, journal and grant reviewers, committees, and other individuals and entities as needed. Providing critical input into the evaluation and selection of quality research projects, clinical trial selection and data analysis is an essential part of performance in this role.
- Drafts and summarizes statistical analyses and draws appropriate research conclusions, in clearly written reports using appropriate tables and graphs for review by investigators and institutional leadership when appropriate.
- Creates or modifies scripts or software applications to support data management, data extraction and data analysis as required.
- Executes analytical procedures in the framework of a specific project work request.
- Ensures ethical use, presentation, and interpretation of data.
- Collaborates and actively participates with various staff and teams to perform or facilitate collection, entry, analysis, interpretation and presentation of healthcare data sets for clinical research.
- Participates in the collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation of quantitative data.
- Works with research investigators in the development of appropriate study designs so as to best address research objectives.
- Performs statistical analysis, using available computer software programs.
- Draws appropriate and logical conclusions given study limitations.
- Presents project findings and problems to principal investigators and other team members during working meetings.
- Experience in statistical analysis and programming software such as SAS, R or python.
- Applicable skills include organization, documentation, written and oral communication.
- A commitment to customer service with an attitude of owning the experience of each customer is required.Prefer graduate GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Biostatistics or equivalent.
- Alternatively, a master’s degree in mathematics, Public Health or Data Science with at least 12 graduate level semester hours in statistics, biostatistics or equivalent.
Company: Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City - SSMC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.