Website Air Arabia
To conduct assigned flights in accordance with the detailed provisions of Air Arabia Operational Manual and in compliance with the GCAA/CAA related regulations. He/she must ensure ultimate safety, security, and efficiency are achieved throughout all operated flights; supports and guides the flight/cabin crew, handle emergencies and ad-hoc scenarios effectively, and takes control over the flight to ensure successful performance and positive corporate image.
- Cooperates with the Maintenance Engineers to confirm the aircraft technical status and ensure its suitability to fly; seeks the support of MCC and MROs to raise possible concerns and identify any defects or technical issues; implements the rectification or corrective measure immediately where applicable.
- Ensures that assigned flights are conducted in accordance with the detailed provisions of the Air Arabia Operations Manual and regulations. At all times, implements, monitors and maintains the procedures necessary to ensure the safe and smooth operation of the aircraft undertaken.
- Ensures timely attendance, proper grooming, fitness and legality of self and Flight Crew for the assigned flights. Conducts pre- flight “Briefing” to ensure members are acknowledged with flight details; continuously ensures briefing is properly done prior to each action as per the adopted procedures.
- Liaises with co-pilots (First Officer and Second Officer) and Dispatch Team prior to each flight ensuring flight/cabin crew members are well prepared and provided with required information, this includes aircraft technical status, route preferences, weather, fuel, weight, distribution of roles, etc.
- Makes sure all the needed documents and technical logs are loaded with necessary accurate data as per Air Arabia and GCAA/CAA regulations and adopted procedures. This includes the technical log book, journey book, boarding sheets, reports, etc.
- Ensures that the Air Arabia Operations Manual is distributed, accounted for, maintained, kept up to date, understood and complied with by Flight Crew.
- Ensures the required safety, security, fuel, and transit checks are carried for each flight by the Flight/Cabin assigned crew members before, during and post each flight. Takes necessary action and directs the crew on how to react in case of safety or security irregularities; decides on escalations if needed.
- Keeps himself/herself up-to-date with the legal requirements of the different regulatory bodies such as Civil Aviation, GCAA/CAA, Airbus Company and any other relevant regulatory body relating to flights and Flight Crew.
- Last flight on A320 in the last 12 months.
- Experience with low cost airline is highly desirable.
- Possesses acceptable industry knowledge in aircraft systems and operating procedures.
- He/she must pass the technical/psychometric assessment for Pilots as per Air Arabia/GCAA/CAA standards.
- He/she must pass the Medical Fitness check-up carried for the Pilots as per Air Arabia/GCAA/CAA standards.
- Training in safety and emergency response is essential – a formal qualification is an advantage.
- Basic Airport, security procedures and regulations training is an advantage.
- Crew Resources Management Training is considered an advantage.
- IATA principles & standards relating to security is an advantage.
- He/she must possess needed knowledge and exposure to handle any other role delegated to him/her such as security or safety related roles as required by the Air Arabia and GCAA/CAA regulations.
- Exposure to QA/Safety/Security/Audit procedures and practices related to and affecting Flight Operations.
Company: Air Arabia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.