Website Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City - SSMC
The Rehabilitation Department at Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC) are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced candidate for the role of Clinical Psychologist. The ideal candidate will share our commitment to upholding our core values and putting our patients first. Clinical Psychologist provide care for patients presenting with psychological difficulties by delivering independent and high-quality psychological assessment and intervention plans in collaboration with other medical teams
- Determines casework for people experiencing severe psychological difficulties.
- Coordinates and contributes to the assessment and formulation of risk management plans and psychosocial interventions for patients.
- Collaborates with senior clinical psychologists in the provision of consultative services
- Participates with multi-disciplinary teams in the assessment and care planning of the psychological aspects of the patients’ needs.
- Complying with and supporting clinical audit processes.
- Communicating and interacting in a professional and courteous manner with patients, families and healthcare providers to obtain/provide information, explain procedures, clarify orders and communicate status.
- Participating in training and education of department staff, doctors and nurses
- Participating in departmental and hospital programs and committees, and staff meetings
- Participating in the orientation and training of new employees.
- Ensuring appropriate internal and external sharing of information based on governing policies and procedures.
- Ensures and participates in providing coverage to the various service areas, populations and settings, for patients, carers and colleagues.
- Provides highly specialist one-to-one psychological consultations and interventions for individuals, families and groups within areas of specialization.
- Conducts assessments and evaluate treatment options, taking into account both theoretical and therapeutic models and highly complex factors concerning historical and developmental processes that have shaped the individual, family or group.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in conducting psychotherapy with adults, adolescents, paediatric and/or geriatric patients.
- Stronghold of psychopathology diagnosis, assessment and intervention plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of psychology and Doctoral degree (example: Ph.D., Psy.D., Ed.D., D.Clin.Psy) in Psychology or with a focus on Psychology OR
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of psychology Two (2) years of experience post qualification in related field And Master’s degree (includes MSc, MA, M. Phil) of a minimum two (2) years in Psychology or with a focus on Psychology provided that the BSc is a minimum of four (4) years course duration
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the field of clinical psychology, dealing with cases of psychopathology, in a clinical setting. Training can be counted of the five years if a valid training certificate in a recognized institution was submitted.
Company: Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City - SSMC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.