Website Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City - SSMC
Clinical Psychologist provide care for patients presenting with psychological difficulties by delivering independent and high-quality psychological assessment and intervention plans in collaboration with other medical teams
- Determines casework for people experiencing severe psychological difficulties.
- Coordinates and contributes to the assessment and formulation of risk management plans and psychosocial interventions for patients.
- Complying with continuous quality improvement measures, method evaluation and development as per standard policies and procedures.
- Complying with all safety, health and quality control programs and procedures as applicable
- Complying with applicable precautions for environmental safety and infection control.
- Implementation of department policies and the annual business plan.
- Complying with and supporting clinical audit processes.
- Communicating and interacting in a professional and courteous manner with patients, families and healthcare providers to obtain/provide information, explain procedures, clarify orders and communicate status.
- Participating in training and education of department staff, doctors and nurses
- Collaborates with senior clinical psychologists in the provision of consultative services
- Participates with multi-disciplinary teams in the assessment and care planning of the psychological aspects of the patients’ needs.
- Provides highly specialist one-to-one psychological consultations and interventions for individuals, families and groups within areas of specialization.
- Conducts assessments and evaluate treatment options, taking into account both theoretical and therapeutic models and highly complex factors concerning historical and developmental processes that have shaped the individual, family or group.
- Ensures and participates in providing coverage to the various service areas, populations and settings, for patients, carers and colleagues.
- Experience in conducting psychometric tests is desired.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the field of clinical psychology, dealing with cases of psychopathology, in a clinical setting. Training can be counted of the five years if a valid training certificate in a recognized institution was submitted.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in conducting psychotherapy with adults, adolescents, paediatric and/or geriatric patients.
- Experience in medical psychology/hospital setting is desiredProficiency in Arabic Language is mandatory requirement
- Certificate of completion of training in one of the recognized psychotherapy techniques; preferable training duration of two years in a clinical setting
- Department of Health (DOH) license as Clinical Psychologist
Company: Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City - SSMC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.