Website Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City - SSMC
This role is responsible for the development and maintenance of a competency-based continuing education program that supports the nurses in all specialty areas towards improvement in clinical practice.
- Engages in health promotion activities in the organization and community
- Manages information technology to access, transmit and produce information as necessary
- Utilizes information gained from program evaluation to determine future program directions
- Participates in interdisciplinary teams and Performance Improvement Projects for evaluation and improvement of processes and clinical practice
- Maintains contemporary knowledge of evidence-based practice relevant to the specialty
- Acts as a professional role model with regard to self-development and self-accountability by projecting the image of a self-directed learner and setting high personal work standards
- Monitor clinical care to ensure clinical standards are met. Identify variances and initiate corrective measures, and this information shall be used for educational and bedside teaching
- Monitor staff performance, and provide regular constructive feedback, coaching guidance, and support to the team on the shift. Provide staff performance feedback to the manager
- Collaborates with nursing staff and other disciplines in the development, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs
- Demonstrates skill in adult education, group dynamics, curriculum development, communication, and teaching strategies
- Assists nursing staff to integrate new knowledge and skill into their practice and ensures that competency is maintained
- Provides specialty-specific orientation to relevant staff and participates in the organization’s orientation programs as required
- Provides bedside clinical consultations in the area of expertise/specialization.
- Leads the implementation of evidence-based practice and actively participates in research to promote clinical knowledge and a research-based clinical practice environment
- Assesses and identifies educational needs and develops educational programs accordingly
- Performs consistent, systematic evaluation of clinically based programs to determine if they meet staff needs and are responsive to department/organizational direction
- Formulates measurable performance criteria to assess nurses’ levels of competence
- Degree in Nursing (minimum two (2) years course duration) AND Registration as a Registered Nurse from Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, South Africa, New Zealand, and Australia
- AND valid/current national license.
- AND BLS
- Bachelor degree in nursing OR
Company: Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City - SSMC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.