Website Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City - SSMC
Clinical Social Worker Assists patients, families, and significant others with their psychological, social, environmental, financial, and emotional problems by conducting the needed psychosocial assessments that are related to presenting problems/concerns by providing the necessary interventions needed to enhance patient quality of living.
- Promotes and informing an awareness of social care/social work context and anti- discriminatory practice to other professionals and facilitate multi-disciplinary working
- Assess the needs of patients and families and works to implement and coordinate the necessary services, supports, and interventions needed to meet their ongoing care needs
- As part of the social work assessment, identify any concerns regarding the safety of family members including children and vulnerable adults and to report these concerns to the Social Work manager
- Promotes, enables and empowers individuals, families and carers through representation of rights; advocacy; nurturing strengths and capacities to make informed choices about highly complex life decisions
- Responsible in maintaining own accurate and comprehensive patient treatment records and those of staff responsible to the post holder, in line with professional standards of practice and within the parameters laid by the section/department/facility
- Provide crisis interventions as needed
- Respects the rights of the individual service user and their families, embracing values, spiritual beliefs and customs
- Serves as an advocate for patients and families in ensuring that their expressed wishes are central when planning care to meet the clients long term care needs
- Maintains and enforces confidential information about patients, staff, and others in accordance with professional codes of conduct and relevant legislation
- Manages frequent exposure to highly distressing and emotional circumstances, and maintain substantial mental effort through frequent and intense levels of concentration and attention
- Carries out initial comprehensive person- centered psychosocial assessments, plan and implement individual strategies of care to meet identified needs in conjunction with the service user, care giver and members of the multi-disciplinary team as appropriate and update the patient file history as required by JCI.
- Maintains and promulgate the highest standards of clinical record keeping including electronic data entry and recording, report writing and the responsible exercise of professional self- governance in accordance with professional codes of practice
- Must have awareness and knowledge of child abuse laws within the UAE and be an active participant in the associated committees in the hospital
- Taking care management responsibility for vulnerable clients. This includes the production of comprehensive assessment of client needs, formulization of a social care plan, and the identification of relevant resources to meet the individual’s needs. Where appropriate following assessment, co-ordinate the delivery of social care plans and liaising with the appropriate government or charity agencies
- Liaises effectively with other agencies including government and charities involved in the care of individuals thereby maintaining and enhancing close professional working relationships
- Collaborates and network and liaise with other professionals and external organizations to provide services to individuals, families and carers and to challenge and question when necessary in the best interests of the user
- Promotes, enables and empower individuals, families and carers through representation of rights; advocacy; nurturing strengths and capacities to make informed choices about highly complex life decisions
- Department of Health (DOH) license with title as a Clinical Social workerMinimum of 2-3 years’ experience (post qualification) in related field in a hospital or clinical settings
- More than 5 years’ experience as a Clinical Social Worker.
- Both Master and Bachelor degrees are mandatory and must be in Social Worker only.
Company: Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City - SSMC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.