Website Emirates NBD
The Compliance Officer is responsible for assisting the Compliance Intelligence Unit Manager / his delegate in managing the Group’s Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Combatting Terrorist Financing (CTF) program with specific responsibility for planning, implementing and managing data driven thematic reviews especially focusing on human trafficking / modern slavery / illegal wildlife trading, adverse media monitoring and any request received from the Line Manager / his delegate with regards to sensitive reviews and/or publishing intelligence reports & share his findings with recommendations.
- Design, implement and manage policies and procedures associated with Compliance Intelligence including development of a framework to expand network with Correspondent Banks, Media, law enforcement, intelligence agencies and regulators to improve two-way information sharing to the extent permissible as per the relevant group policy.
- Compilation of MI as requested for by the management and this includes preparation and maintenance of such MI across Compliance teams.
- Ensure all requests from the Line Manager are met within the prescribed deadlines and with acceptable quality standards and coverage.
- Undertaking any testing requirements on the proposed/existing system that is required on account of system enhancements/upgrades and ensuring that such tests are conducted accurately and within the prescribed deadlines.
- Understand the emerging trends and recommend ways to minimize Financial Crime risks to the Key stakeholders.
- Closely monitor the external environment through various internal/external sources, local / national and international media for news to identify financial crime risks which may potentially impact the bank in future, map and assess those risks, quantify the potential impact and escalate where necessary (e.g., allegations of money-laundering activity, corruption, terrorist financing, etc.); conduct follow-on research as needed.
- Collate and analyse suspicious activity reports (SARs) to identify recurring risk patterns that can be factored in surveillance tools such as transaction monitoring / customer and payment screening systems.
- Analyse and investigate the underlying reasons behind queries / returns on transactions from Correspondent Banks.
- Understand the emerging trends and recommend ways to minimize such queries and remittances returns to the Key stakeholders
- Interface with Key stakeholders in regards to compliance reviews, investigations, as well as other ad-hoc projects.
- Strong knowledge of SAS Enterprise Guide
- Strong data collection and analysis skills
- Experience building statistical models i.e. classification, regression, clustering
- Strong knowledge of Europe and/or Middle East and/or Africa (e.g. political developments, law enforcement issues, corruption-related matters, etc.).
- Familiarity with the intelligence cycle (direction, collection, analysis and dissemination)
- Must be an expert in Advanced Microsoft Excel (Macros, power query). Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Strong experience leveraging proprietary databases (e.g., Lexis-Nexis, World-check, Factiva, etc.) for research purposes.
- The role holder should possess prior experience in regulatory, law enforcement, military, commercial (e.g. research / media) or Financial intelligence gathering environment.
- At least 2 years of experience in data mining / analytics and experience in using SAS enterprise guide and enterprise miner.
- At least 2 years of experience for segmentation / cluster analysis.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages, databases, programming languages (like SAP-Hana, Hadoop, MS BI, Power BI SSRI, Cognos modeling, MS Access, Qlick-view, Sybase, R, Python, SQL, VBA and/or similar)
- Three (3) or more years of financial crimes risk management or Compliance intelligence experience related to transaction monitoring, investigation research, and analysis on proactively identifying compliance risks in the financial services industry.
Company: Emirates NBD
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.