The purpose of this role will be a senior doctor who practices in a specific specialty and has oversight responsibility for his team of junior doctors and manages other team members. The Consultant should be able to take a comprehensive view of the care pathway.
- Undertakes supervisory responsibility for the medical staff within the unit and prepares regular reports on the activities of the unit for the department head / chairman.
- Performs all duties assigned to a consultant physician.
- Assumes direct responsibility for the patients under his/her medical attendance in the assigned unit.
- Adheres to policies, guidelines, plans and programs of Hamad Medical Corporation.
- Participates in the planning and follow up of the medical education and research activities.
- Participates in the various committees for the upgrading of services and organization of work within and outside the hospital.
- Conducts rounds and undertakes supervision of treatment of the inpatients as well as screening and examination of the outpatients.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of the department development plans and the different manpower training programs for the medical, technical and nursing staff.
- Physicians who have completed a residency and fellowship program, which are both ACGME-I accredited and from HMC, may be recruited/promoted directly to a Consultant post.
- Physicians with non-western qualification and no fellowship will not be considered.
- Physicians with non-western qualifications but have completed a fellowship program, should currently be in a
- Consultant post and have 10 years of clinical experience post specialty certification, or should be currently in an Associate Consultant post for a minimum of 2 years (as per HMC criteria). He/she must be practicing within the same specialty.
- Consultants with western qualifications and completed a subspecialty fellowship should have held a Consultant post for at least 1 year. While those with western qualifications but did not complete a subspecialty fellowship, a minimum period of 2 years as an Associate Consultant (as per HMC criteria) experience is required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.