The Senior Manager Corporate Governance is the Bank’s professional lead on all aspects of corporate governance ensuring compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements and ensuring that the corporate governance processes are embedded throughout the Bank by providing advice and guidance to the Board and its Committees, and the Executive Management on all aspects of corporate governance across the organization.
- Oversee the overall corporate culture to ensure alignment with the Bank’s values and strategy and report the culture-related metrics to the Board and Senior Management.
- Support other departments, such as Compliance, Risk Management, Internal Audit, HR, etc., for the Board and Senior Management related matters.
- Support the Board and Senior Management in the oversight of the affairs of the subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Assess the quality of papers and reports submitted to the Board of Directors and its Committees and take proactive steps to continuously enhance them.
- Act as the focal point for all requests received by international banks for KYC requirements related to the shareholding, UBOs, Board, Management, and subsidiaries of the Bank.
- Maintain custody of the Corporate Governance Framework and its annexes and ensure continuous review for any necessary amendments dictated by regulatory changes or practical requirements
- Develop periodic reports on compliance with Corporate Governance regulations and prepare remediation plans where non-compliance/ partial compliance on Corporate Governance is identified.
- Support the Board Secretary in the maintenance of the implementation status of resolutions/ decisions/ action points passed by the Board and Board Committees and follow up on plans for implementation of resolutions.
- Oversee the preparation and dissemination of Corporate Governance disclosures and reports, including corporate governance report, sustainability report, shariah report, and annual reports.
- Ensure the application of Corporate Governance principles and support the Board and Board Committees in implementing Corporate Governance responsibilities.
- Ensure compliance with CBUAE and Securities & Commodities Authority Corporate Governance related laws, regulations, and internal policies of the Bank, and act as the focal point on Corporate Governance matters internally, with the Board, and with the regulators.
- Experience with GRC tools
- Good relationship-building skills and ability to work across various layers of an organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- 8+ years working within a financial institution, including demonstrable experience in Corporate Governance affairs of a Bank.
- Good understanding of non-financial and financial risk types, and knowledge of conventional and Shariah banking.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in finance, banking, business administration, finance or related field
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.