We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs, planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
- Monitor and follow up with vendors to ensure that materials and equipment are delivered by the vendor, collected by the freight forwarder, and received at the site ensuring smooth transportation and timely delivery.
- Monitor and co-ordinate with various freight forwarders, third party agencies, ports, customs, subcontractors, handling agencies etc. to accelerate shipments and clearances.
- Monitor material availability for various projects and follow up for shortages.
- Introduce cost reduction initiatives to generate significant savings at the bid stage as well as the project execution stage.
- Plan and oversee implementation of safety norms and practices and organize regular training to team members to handle the projects in all the aspects.
- Ensure projects meet the health, safety and environmental requirements thereby protecting the interests of the company and managing costs efficiently.
- Ensure the Company is following laws and regulations regarding transportation, including hazardous materials.
- Resolve any legal issues pertaining to transportation/distribution.
- Negotiate & conclude agreements/ contracts with freight forwarders for general cargo & OOG shipments.
- Participate in personnel development at all levels through talent acquisition, performance management, providing opportunity for high performers, education, communication, and expectation setting.
- Perform any related duties and responsibilities as and when required.
- Interface with insurance agencies for regular declaration and reporting in case of any accidents while goods are in transit. Negotiating with customs/excise authorities for obtaining mandatory approvals/clearances with respect to export/import operations. Handle import documentation as per prescribed rules and regulations.
- Manage supply and distribution operations entailing responsibility of logistics operations as well as freight management.
- Direct, manage and coordinate logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer service activities. Lead and direct strategic planning for logistics and customer services.
- Develop methods and procedures for scheduling of materials from suppliers to support projects in achieving client demand and minimizing cost impacts.
- Formulate overall Project shipping & logistics execution strategy.
- Advice and coordinate with management and staff within the company to facilitate all projects and the business development initiatives commencing from the bid stage onwards.
- Monitor projects with respect to cost, resource deployment, productivity improvements and manpower planning to ensure timely completion of project schedules.
- Ensure effective receivables management, liaise with various statutory authorities, and prepare/ analyze MIS reports prepared weekly for the region to track orders and apprise the management of shipping/delivery/inventory as required and controlling costs to facilitate projects and plan their subsequent course of action.
- A graduate from any relevant field with good analytical and technical skills with a minimum of 20 years’ experience, Oil & Gas, and logistics industry certification.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sharjah, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.