As a key leader of this team, you will be at the forefront of fulfilling this mission. You’ll collaborate with and lead the foremost data science experts in the region, harnessing the power of AI to address day-to-day challenges through cutting-edge machine learning, optimization, deep learning, and Generative AI. These models are deployed on our proprietary in-house AI platform, delivering real-time solutions to our users
- Lead and grow a midsize to large Data Science team distributed across the globe collaborating with cross-functional teams on multiple subdomains.
- Develop modern techniques, AI models and data that will enable finding a path to unsolvable questions and unlock significant impact opportunities.
- Collaborate with and influence leadership so that the team’s work directly impacts the organization’s strategy.
- Develop deep partnerships with engineering and product teams to deliver on major cross-functional efforts.
- Reimagine and reinvent operations and experiences through AI
- Build a fruitful relationship and collaborate with the AI counterparts at Uber, Careem’s parent company, in order to leapfrog our tech by leveraging Uber’s platforms.
- Lead and grow a Data Science team distributed across geographies collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Develop a strategy to leverage AI as a strategic competitive advantage to Careem.
- Develop a Data Science vision and thought leadership in the space of Mobility of People, Mobility of Things and Mobility of Money having developed a strong hands-on experience in this space.
- Define a clear roadmap for the data science teams both in terms of goals and team development, working closely with product and commercial leaders.
- Strong track record in delivering high impact from data and AI through leading multiple cross-functional projects
- Track record of shipping new products and iterating on them over time
- Track record of attracting and retaining top talent
- Experience instilling a culture of ownership, collaboration, and results
- Strong leadership and communication skills, critical thinking, and sound judgment
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field – computer science, statistics, economics, or mathematics
- Minimum of 12+ years of professional full-time experience working with data science and machine learning teams
- Strong experience in setting up, managing, and growing a data science team is a must
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.