Website NAFFCO Group
Drivers who interact with passengers or customers should provide friendly and courteous service. This includes assisting passengers with boarding and disembarking, answering questions, and addressing any concerns or issues that may arise during the journey. Reporting Incidents or Accidents: In the event of an accident, breakdown, or any other incidents on the road, drivers are responsible for promptly reporting the incident to their supervisors or appropriate authorities. They should provide accurate details of the incident and cooperate with any necessary investigations.
- Conducting Vehicle Inspections: Drivers should perform routine inspections of their vehicles to ensure they are in proper working condition. This includes checking tires, brakes, lights, and other essential components to ensure the vehicle’s safety and reliability.
- Loading and Unloading: Drivers may be required to assist with the loading and unloading of goods or luggage. This involves properly securing cargo, organizing items for transport, and ensuring they are handled safely to prevent damage.
- Safely Operating Vehicles: The primary responsibility of a driver is to safely operate the vehicle they are assigned to. This includes obeying traffic laws, following safety guidelines, and practicing defensive driving techniques to ensure the safety of passengers, cargo, and other road users.
- Maintaining Vehicle Cleanliness: Drivers are responsible for keeping their vehicles clean and presentable. This involves regular cleaning of both the interior and exterior of the vehicle to maintain a professional appearance.
- Transporting Passengers or Goods: Drivers may be responsible for transporting passengers or goods to their designated destinations. This can involve driving a taxi, bus, delivery truck, or other vehicles depending on the nature of the job. They may need to follow specific routes or delivery schedules to ensure timely and efficient transportation.
- Valid Driver’s License: A driver should possess a valid driver’s license that is appropriate for the type of vehicle they will be operating. This may include a standard driver’s license, commercial driver’s license (CDL), or other specialized licenses depending on the vehicle and job requirements.
- Clean Driving Record: Employers generally prefer drivers with a clean driving record, which means having minimal or no traffic violations, accidents, or license suspensions. A history of safe driving is important to demonstrate responsibility and reliability.
- Knowledge of Traffic Laws and Safety: Drivers should have a good understanding of traffic laws and regulations to ensure compliance and maintain safe driving practices. This includes knowledge of road signs, speed limits, right-of-way rules, and other traffic-related rules and regulations.
- Experience: Depending on the job, employers may require a minimum amount of driving experience. This can vary widely, from entry-level positions that may not require any prior experience to positions that require several years of professional driving experience.
- Physical Fitness: Being a driver can sometimes involve physical demands such as loading and unloading cargo, performing vehicle inspections, or sitting for extended periods. Therefore, drivers should be physically fit to handle the requirements of the job.
Company: NAFFCO Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.