Review / process ADNOC Directorates’ End User planned Consultancy and Insurance Contract Requests for the forthcoming year, initiate obtaining expression of interest / prequalification from companies for future tenders, develop End User Contract Requests into Requests for Tenders (RFT), obtains management approval of Bidder List, act as a focal point between End User and Bidders during the Tender Process, control the Tender Process from bid issue, handling bid clarifications, through to the bid submittal and technical & unpriced commercial evaluation phase, perform commercial evaluation, including determining negotiation strategy as applicable, prepares award recommendation for management approval, prepares contract award and related contract document for signature, assists End User with kick-off meeting with appointed Contractor.
- Receive, participate/review and compile EOI / Prequalification response from invited companies, prepare a standard correspondence memorandum for forwarding received information and documents to End User for review or evaluation.
- Review End User response to EOI / Prequalification exercise, due diligence check that response aligns with information / documents received, with no anomalies – arithmetically check any prequalification evaluation scoring.
- Receive End User Contract Request (CR) through SAP Ariba (as allocated by CDM), reviews content of CR against previously established checklist of items informed to End User as to information / documents to be submitted with CR and determine whether:- 1) the CR is accepted as being complete for Tender purposes, or 2) CR is to be rejected due to being incomplete (formally confirm to CDM / CDVP to reject in SAP Ariba).
- Prepare write-up listing CR missing information and documents to be submitted by End User; CDM to review and issue when rejecting submitted CR.
- Prepare a write-up to the Contracts Division Vice President (CDVP), describing and justifying that the work activity of the proposed Long List of potential Companies for an EOI / Prequalification Exercise is aligned to the scope of the future Bid.
- Review/ process ADNOC Directorate’s Business Unit (End User) draft planned Procurement requirements for the forthcoming year, to determine / identify specific aspects to be addressed by End User when submitting a future Contract Request.
- Attend and provide input to a joint meeting between Contracts Division personnel and End User, to review End User’s draft planned Procurement requirements, guiding End User as to future aspects to consider and address when submitting Contract Requests.
- Prepare a standard correspondence template invitation letter (prepared within the SAP Ariba system) for an Expression of Interest (EOI) or Prequalification Exercise, with the invitation letter reviewed by CDM and issued by the Contracts Division Vice President (CDVP).
- Participate / review (as applicable) any EOI / Prequalification queries received from invited companies and as necessary, co-ordinate with End User to obtain a written answer to queries raised. Depending on answer(s) received, determine whether answer is to be provided only to the company raising queries, or to all companies invited as an update to earlier scope information.
- Experience of working in a commercial / projects / business role and interfacing and liaising directly with Contractors, Consultants, etc.
- 6 years of professional experience in contract development, preferably in an oil / gas or petrochemical environment.
- Sound knowledge of commercial practices, legal aspects and negotiation skills.
- Computer literate and able to use or quickly adapt to specialized software utilized by ADNOC.
- Fluent in English. Fluency in Arabic is an advantage.
- Knowledge of contract law and commercial practice.
- Extensive experience and expertise in tender development, preparation and evaluation.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Oil and Gas Industry’s Operations.
- Demonstrated experience in Contract Management.
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- Knowledge of key areas, such as indemnities, insurances, guarantees, warranties, liquidated damages, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to lead issues and proactively obtain resolution to problems.
- Ability to work on own initiative, without close supervision.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Able to handle multiple contract interactions (multi-tasking), manage a high workload, work in a demanding environment and demonstrate commitment.
- End User focused, responsive with positive outlook.
- Decisive and confident.
- High level problem solving skills to resolve complex and sensitive issues.
- Proficiency in the use of a range of office software.
- Interfacing with the Legal, Finance and Insurance Team.
- Safety Awareness
- Take responsibility for supporting and developing the Health and Safety programme for the Department.
- Set an example for all employees and demonstrating commitment to the Company’s Health and Safety Policies and Safety Promotions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.