As Engineering Manager, you will work on our next generation ordering platform to create a smooth and easy ordering experience for our customers.
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency and efficiency of Talabat’s services
- Manage planning and execution to successfully deliver value to our customers
- Partner with product and other stakeholders, to drive desired outcomes
- Lead and inspire talented engineers in an agile development environment to innovate, implement, and deploy and own end-to-end complex software solutions in a commercial, mission-critical environment for millions of customers
- Develop and grow engineering talent through effective mentoring, coaching, and retention strategies in a fast-growing, highly competitive economic environment
- Wide experience in different technology stacks, tools, and practices such as DevOps.
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redis, DynamoDb).
- Experience with CI/CD tools and techniques
- Ensures quality, performance, monitoring, alerting and security using best practices
- Solid experience in designing, implementing, monitoring and scaling of web apps and APIs preferably in .NET/Core
- Experience building mobile apps in iOS or Android.
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering
- Dynamic & innovative environment
- Building the fastest growing, largest and most valuable network of online food ordering services in the world
- Working with diverse, cross-cultural teams from over 45 nationalities
- Developer Exchange Programs with other DH entities
- 2+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- Experience leading cross-functional teams of multidisciplinary engineers
- Aligns with other teams on project scope, domain and boundaries
- Analyzes and identifies possible project delays and reports to stakeholders
- Mentorship – ability to successfully transfer knowledge
- Able to decrypt unclear stakeholder requirements and drives for clarity to ensure right problem is addressed
- Solid experience building large-scale applications using modern programming languages (e.g. C#, Java, Go, etc.).
- Experience working within Agile practices and knowledge of Agile values & principles
- Proficient in unit-testing, TDD, BDD/ATDD
- Experience with cloud platforms preferably AWS
- Solid experience of building applications in distributed systems architecture (Microservices, Event-Driven, SOA and RESTful Services)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A