Website GEMS Education
GEMS Education is looking for a Senior Procurement Officer to manage RFPs & RFQs to support construction and facilities management through tactical buying. This will be done by consolidating the school’s spending and ensuring value-added procurement services to the schools whilst ensuring materials & services are delivered to the school promptly.
- Proposing Value Engineering Proposals from time to time to improve efficiency & reduce cost.
- Foster close working relationships with associated departments GEMS corporate office and schools.
- Prepare an Enquiry package (RFQ) incorporating the Scope of work, equipment schedule, relevant drawings & specifications, Vendor list, BOQ, etc and send the same to vendors and obtain quotations.
- Help to maintain relationships with key suppliers who are aligned with the company’s goals and growth plans.
- Responsible to ensure all items purchased related to schools are delivered promptly to avoid disruptions within the schools. Follow up with MSOs for ensuring goods are receipted correctly.
- Identify and develop a vendor base for cost-effective procurement of materials, equipment & services.
- Ensure goods and services are bought as per the approved scope of works and delivered on time..
- Batchelor’s Degree in Business Administration or similar (would be good if the background is Civil Engineering)
- Proven negotiating skills and influencing abilities with the ability to read and analyze the drawings and technical specifications.
- Commercial and financial acumen with experience in business and commercial analysis.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret commercial business documents and technical procedures with strong numerical and analytical aptitude.
- 5+ years’ experience within a large organization in the Procurement Department of a civil construction company
Company: GEMS Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.