This position has the full responsibility for all the processes, risks and controls relating to the P2P process (payments to vendors), operating costs (Opex) and vendor/customer (internal & external) management of the organization. This includes all the end-to-end processes leading to complete capture and building of controls, mitigating all accounting & financial risks over all processes that result in Opex for du. The role is also responsible for vendor relationship and payment management (payables), staff payments (employee expense claims, cash advances, etc.) and liaising with the treasury team to ensure effective cash flow planning for the organization.
- Responsible for vendor/supplier relationship management, issue resolution and invoice validation and payment (which include Opex and capex vendors/suppliers).
- Provide the control framework required to safeguard the integrity of the financial balances and ensure compliance with the IFRS at all times.
- Build controls that will ensure completeness of the general ledger (own side of the trial balance) at any point in time. These will include monthly reconciliations with suppliers, etc.
- Facilitate clearance of unreconciled items received from bank reconciliations team.
- Reviews and provide supporting documents and monthly reconciliations of all own GL accounts to the financial reporting team.
- Responsible for continued improvement in GL and payable processes that will positively impact the company’s profitability (e.g. automation of processes).
- Oversees the staff payment processes (internal customers) including employee expense claims, advance payments, etc.
- Responsible for full end to end processing of Group payroll, end of service benefits payments and related accounting entries. Maintenance of monthly schedules related to payroll.
- Responsible for all processes resulting in accounting for all operating costs (Opex) across the organization, including monthly accruals/estimates and closing process.
- Develop a broad business partnering framework across all departments to facilitate business costs efficiencies.
- Negotiation skills
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent preferred
- Advanced communication skills
- Business decision making skills
- Vendor management skills (internal and external)
- Telecoms experience recommended.
- Advance financial analysis skills
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area
- Strong technical accounting skills (IFRS knowledge)
- Minimum of 6-8 years of core accounting experience, 2 of which must be at supervisory level (minimum).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.