Website Majid Al Futtaim
The financial controller is accountable for ensuring strong control, compliance and governance across Development, through ongoing assurance and driving the transformation of Finance. Working with multiple stakeholders both internal and external the role will review and then drive governance improvements to ensure the business is protected and scalable. In addition to managing the day-to-day control environment, the role will partner with the business to review and implement improvements to the organizations processes and systems to drive efficiencies and transform the ways of working.
- Review and update the Development Policies and Procedures to ensure they protect the organization from risk and ensure compliance to all internal and external regulations
- Responsibility for the above project support of non-UAE joint ventures, including reporting and planning
Primary contact for internal audit to ensure audit points are accurate, responses are of high quality plus action orientated and delivered on time.
- Key point of contact for Global Solutions to ensure Development books are reconciled and aligned with all policies and regulations
- Responsible for coordination of second line assurance and risk management processes across Development and Properties stakeholders, including reporting, monitoring and escalation.
- Design and implement compliance and governance strategy for the business, through improved training, audit, system and process enhancements.
- Responsible for managing the relationship of external auditors within Development, with the ability to combine business context with regulatory/policy obligations to ensure high quality financial statements.
- Partner with local management to ensure local ARC and Board processes meet all regulatory requirements and comply with MAF policies and standards
- Drive the governance agenda in JVs to improve controls and provide assurance in line with MAF policies
- Knowledge of IFRS/IAS and related interpretation
- Experience in working with Oracle e-Business Suite, Yardi, HFM, Power BI
- Experience in controls and systems improvements in a major organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, economics or finance business discipline
- 8+ years post qualification) experience and 5+ years in a managerial role.
- Professional certification(s): CPA ACA, CMA, ACCA, or CIMA, CFA
Company: Majid Al Futtaim
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.