Website Air Arabia
To monitor the progress of assigned flights in accordance with the detailed provisions of the Airline’s Operational Manual and in compliance with the respective civil aviation authority related regulations. Assists the Captain in achieving ultimate safety, security and efficiency throughout the flight; records and documents all necessary data; supports the flight/cabin crew. Effectively applies emergency procedures when instructed; takes control over the flight from the captain when instructed or required as per the adopted procedures.
- Carries out necessary checks, records, and documentation tasks assigned to him/her for conducted flights such as take-off data and fuel requirements, ATS flight plan, etc.
- At all times applies and monitors the procedures necessary to ensure the safe and smooth operation of the aircraft assigned.
- Performs as the ‘Pilot Flying’ or the ‘Pilot Monitoring’, assists the Captain in managing flight deck work by monitoring the flight progress, efficiency of operating systems, and performance of other cockpit crew members.
- Keeps himself/herself up to date with the legal requirements of the different regulatory bodies such as, civil aviation authority, Airbus Company and any other relevant regulatory body relating to flights and Flight Crew.
- At stations without qualified personnel, checks the fuel type and supervises the fueling of the aircraft, ensuring proper distribution of fuel.
- Alerts the Captain of any irregularities or unfavorable variables that may affect safety
- Conducts flights in accordance with the detailed provisions of the Airline’s Operations Manual and regulations.
- When required or instructed by the Captain flies assigned aircraft from one destination to another.
- Uses adopted systems and forms to record data such as logbook, CFP, and others; verifies calculated data with assumed ones and obtains Captain’s signature accordingly.
- Appropriate ATPL/ Frozen ATPL License with valid A320 ratings.
- Training in safety and emergency response is essential – a formal qualification is an advantage.
- He/she must pass the Medical Fitness as per the Airline and respective civil aviation authority standards.
- IATA principles & standards relating to security is an advantage.
- He/she must pass the technical/psychometric assessment for the First Officer (Co-Pilots) as per the Airline and respective civil aviation authority standards.
- Exposure to Low visibility operations.
- GCAA license will be preferred.
- Composed, self-confident and focused, capable of handling emergencies and threats with efficiency.
- Capable of performing in a changing environment with heavy work-load schedules and ad-hoc scenarios.
- Possesses acceptable industry knowledge in aircraft systems and operating procedures.
- Experience with low-cost airlines is highly desirable.
- He/ she must have a minimum of 1000 hours on Airbus 320 family as First Officer.
- Clear training and flying records.
Company: Air Arabia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sharjah, AE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit careers.airarabia.com.