Website DP World
Conduct overhauling of various mechanical equipment as assigned. These equipment will include: Main Engine 2-stroke, Auxiliary Engine 4-stroke, Steam Turbine, Engine Turbocharger, Centrifugal Pump, Screw Pump, Gear Box, Winches and Windlass, COW machines IG/Pump room fans etc.
- Calibrate machinery parts using various types of precision calibration equipment.
- Maintain good working relationship with workers, appointed foreman, supervisors and management.
- Perform duties of a Foreman as required / appointed for individual projects.
- Attend any training for any activity required by the department.
- Ensure materials are of required standard prior to use, reporting damages when required.
- Work within allocated timescale to meet department targets.
- Maintain good housekeeping in all work areas.
- Follow the day-to-day operations related to own job to ensure continuity of work.
- Repair different mechanical items such as; Turbines, Engines, Compressor, Winches, Windlass and different valves in line with defined standard operating procedures.
- Conduct overhauling & calibration of all relevant equipment in line with defined standard operating procedure. These equipment will include: Engine Fuel Pump & Injector, Safety & Relief Valves and PV Valves, Steel chock bedding, Valve seat grinding using Chris Marine, Re-tubing of heat exchangers, Plate type cooler overhaul, High pressure washing of engine parts, Air hoist, hydraulic pump, jacks, etc. repair and Rigging items up to 30 tons.
- I.T.I., Industrial/vocational training
- 2 years Apprenticeship Training
- 2 years minimum experience
- Secondary school
Company: DP World
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.