The Food Safety & Halal Compliance Specialist works internationally to evaluate the food safety and halal compliance of all existing and potential food & beverage suppliers and their products. They will ensure that all appropriate globally recognised regulatory standards are met and maintain the supplier evaluation system through the Emirates catering management portal.
- Identify supplier performance trends with regards to food safety and Halal compliance. Analyse and recommend to the catering leadership ways to continually improve food hygiene and food safety standards across the network.
- Develop and deliver technical training to all key stakeholders on the importance of the EK food safety program, GMPs, pest control verification, personnel hygiene practises, preventative maintenance schedules and operational Halal compliance.
- Review, approve and maintain all ingredient declarations in the catering management system, ensuring that all EK nominated food and beverage items are compliant with the globally recognised Food Safety and Halal standards.
- Accountable for maintaining the accuracy of all food safety and Halal related documentation, incident and corrective action management on the catering management system, Ensure that all vendors comply with the terms and conditions outlined in their agreed service level agreement.
- Manage the EK defined product recall process and act as a pivotal member of the recall team. Carry out regular product recall mocks challenging the team with varying scenarios. Ensure that the recall register and process documentation is up to date and accurate and that the recall team are acutely aware of their role and responsibilities.
- Experience in food manufacturing, catering and food safety in a laboratory environment.
- Internationally recognised Food Safety and Halal Internal or Lead Auditor Qualification from a recognised institute.
- 5+ years of experience working in Food & Beverage, Manufacturing or a Catering industry.
- Experience in In-Flight Services or In-Flight Catering.
- Ability to frequently travel internationally for duty is required.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in conducting Internal and External Food Safety and Quality Audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) in Science. A degree in Microbiology/Biological
- Sciences/Environmental health or equivalent would be considered an asset/advantage.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.