Website Doha Bank
The Head – Investments will strategically lead the Investments department w.r.t. sourcing and evaluation of new and active investments to create value and reviewing the Bank’s existing portfolio. The incumbent will guide/direct the functioning of fixed income, equity and research teams in developing long term investments strategies, execution of customer deals in the market and analysis of portfolios and investment performance. The incumbent will work closely with the Head of Treasury and Investments in implementing strategies for value creation in active investments where Doha Bank holds a significant strategic stake with board representation. The incumbent will also ensure achievement of set targets/ objectives, business growth and expansion of the Investment department.
- Monitor expenditure against approved annual budget.
- Ensure efficient, complete and accurate investment transactions processing and adherence to established/ approved procedures and applicable QCB regulations.
- Develop and enhance contacts with governmental/ quasi-governmental institutions, large corporates and other target markets.
- Oversee and guide timely processing of transactions, ensuring adherence to policies and procedures by the teams.
- Update self on the regulatory requirements/changes set by QCB and other relevant government bodies, and, implement adequate changes in the department, including but not limited to staffing of employees, department deliverables etc.
- Formulate the design, development and implementation of Investments design strategy and KPIs.
- Align and ensure integration of Investments initiatives with the functional business plans of Treasury and Investments framework.
- Develop the annual investment plan for the Bank and monitor performance against that plan.
- Evaluate existing as well as new investment opportunities before actual execution from a functional perspective and provide recommendations (if any) to improve the effectiveness/ efficiency of the same.
- 15-20 years of total experience in financial services/banking industry, entailing responsibilities pertaining to the specific area of discipline.
- University graduate with a degree in Business or Banking or Finance or any other related discipline.
- Master’s degree in Management any other related discipline will be an added advantage.
- Understand how portfolio risk and return are evaluated including holding period return, total returns and its components standard deviation, volatility etc.
- Significant experience in equity, fixed income, investments in a leadership role
- Understand the key approaches to investment allocation for bond, equity and balanced portfolios including asset class, geographical area, currency etc.
- Understand the main aims and investment characteristics of equity portfolio management strategies
Company: Doha Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.