Website Chalhoub Careers
This role will manage the Buying & Merchandising strategy for Tanagra. The Head of Buying and Merchandising will develop, implement, and deliver the strategic direction for luxury home products across categories to maximize sales and hit profit targets across the region.
- Partner with merchandise planning, supply chain and demand planning function on OTB planning and monitor review in season, to make recommendations.
- Monitor that any new price is communicated correctly and timely to relevant functions and/or verticals
- Co-collaborate on the visual merchandising and creative direction while ensuring brands are brought to life and displayed in relation to customer demands and buying strategy. Partner with the wider digital team to manage the availability and offering of product online. Compile brand reports at regional level based on consolidated information from local merchandise team and analyses on direct extraction from system.
- Own the function to ensure commercially viable negotiations are made in favor of the overall business decisions such as contracts, agreements, return to vendor,
- Leverage from customer data, sales, and performance data while demonstrating exceptional awareness of market competition and regional trends to ensure commercially
- Reinforce the product selection meeting the value proposition Tanagra to ensure team buys commercially viable product ranges that reflect the brand image.
- A proven track record of managing profitability including the ability to analyze and discuss financial impact, status and improvement.
- Ability to deal with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Leads by examples and fosters innovation to develop team succession planning to identify, select and develop people (talent) to meet future growth
- Currently operating at a “Head of” level within a merchandising and stock forecasting environment
- 10 + years of experience in Luxury Retail within a Merchandising/Buying capacity across multi-brand businesses
- Collaborative work ethic and ability to build effective working relationships
- Strong Financial, business and commercial acumen, and ability to drive strategy.
- Flexibility in understanding industry business cycles, demands, and effect on financial results
Company: Chalhoub Careers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.