Website Mashreq Bank
The main purpose of the role is to lead the definition and implementation of an effective risk governance framework across Mashreq Bank (MB). Directing an enterprise-wide governance and related policy management, and
- Continuing to support and manage implementation of a consistent risk governance governance framework across all Mashreq businesses and locations
- Definition and roll-out of relevant central risk policies in alignment with CB UAE requirements and Mashreq’s risk management framework, and
- Accountability for central management of Enterprise and other risk policies, including:
- Assisting in the consistent articulation of risk frameworks and policies for major risks
- Provide Head Office risk oversight for all international branches and specialized risk functions around relevant risk governance and policy
- Ensure that Model risk is understood, assessed, and managed.
- Provide independent assurance on integrity and soundness of models, validate, and strategize uses of scoring models and scoring model related policies.
- Accountability for definition and embedding of Mashreq-wide Model Risk Management (MRM) framework in order to:
- Support the definition of and effective execution of risk governance within Mashreq, including:
- Acting as the secretary and main point of contact for Enterprise Risk Committee
- Experience of developing and implementing an Strategic/governance Framework in a multi-jurisdictional and matrixed organization.
- Must have a proven track record of delivering digital change programs on a pan organization basis in Risk Management.
- A clear communicator with strong leadership presence and the ability to present to executive audiences.
- Strong results oriented and focused on pragmatically achieving outcomes.
- Experience of establishing and implementing risk frameworks and understanding of governance best practices.
- Experience of working in strategic or governance roles is desirable.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with the various divisions/peers in Risk Management.
- Deep understanding of risk management concepts and methodologies gained through development and practical application of risk policy/frameworks.
- Demonstrated capability to apply risk management concepts, analysis and support to strategic decision-making processes.
- Demonstrable people and managerial leadership experience in a matrixed and multi-jurisdictional organization; ability to lead direct and cross functional teams.
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills; Posses gravitas, personal credibility and ability to influence stakeholders at all levels, particularly senior colleagues.
- Graduate degree in Risk, strategy, governance or other related field.
- 20+ years of progressive, multi-discipline risk management experience.
Company: Mashreq Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.