Website Qatar Petroleum
Establishment of QatarEnergy Trading, and the expansion of QatarEnergy’s capabilities and reach is an important step in reaffirming the organization’s belief in LNG’s economic and environmental value proposition and its cornerstone role in energy transition. QatarEnergy Trading will play a vital role in the growth of Qatar’s LNG industry underpinned by world-leading LNG liquefaction capacity, which will reach 110 mtpa by 2026 with the currently undergoing North Field expansion project.
The position is responsible of the overall optimization of the portfolio to ensure the value of all available assets is maximized including LNG, gas, shipping, storage and regasification capacity. This includes building the required deal valuation and portfolio optimization tools, and the set-up of structured trading capabilities.
- Extensive experience in valuing a global LNG portfolio and regasification capacity, with an excellent understanding of commercial contractual and experience in analyzing non-linear exposures.
- Extensive experience in LNG marketing and trading, and the European gas markets.
- Highly analytical with practical experience of application of quantitative finance, option pricing theory and risk management techniques to the commodities business and structured transactions.
- Minimum 15 years work experience in energy commodities marketing and trading with a track record in an energy trading related role.
- Expert valuation experience of structured transaction and exotic options.
- Extensive experience in developing LNG portfolio optimization tools, and regasification capacity.
Company: Qatar Petroleum
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.