Perform services such as attending to CDMs functions, cash management as per Bank’s policies, handling bulk cash deposits and withdrawals, checking of vouchers posted by regular tellers and performing functions of regular tellers whenever assigned
- Perform bulk cash receipt and withdrawal transactions, ensure correct receipt/issue of cash, accurately credit/debit the customer’s account and acknowledge the receipt to the customers.
- Make the payments / inter account transfer within the authority limit and for the transactions beyond the limit, obtain approval from the concerned official, to ensure not to overdraw customer’s account without approval
- Ensure to open the vault system as per SLA
- Ensure that the local & foreign currency held does not exceed the daily required limit.
- Ensure to check and balance cash online transaction for all the tellers
- Ensure to process special clearing cheques and foreign currency cheques within agreed TAT
- At regular intervals, check the postings carried out by Tellers against the transactions journal presented by them and sign on the report. Any discrepancy identified should be immediately actioned to eliminate the risk of financial loss to the Bank.
- Perform all functions relating to Cheque Deposit Machines (CDM) located in the branch premises, at specified time interval, including, collection of physical cheques, tallying of number of cheques with the CDM journal and send them to clearing dept. within agreed TAT
- Monitor sundry and suspense accounts , issue DDs , Managers cheques and internal transfer
- To be well conversant with the duties and responsibilities of Branch Operations Manager (BOM) and to officiate in that capacity during BOM’s absence.
- Ensure that cheques / debit instruments are in order before effecting the payment and make accurate debit entry in the customer’s account as per Bank’s procedures to protect the interest of customers and the Bank.
- At end of the day check Tellers cash proof is zero and obtain the tellers signature any over/short transaction reported to BOM.
- Ensure to maintain require branch vault cash for next working day
- Ensure customers’ average waiting time is maintained at standard level
- Maintain and manage the cash accurately, and transfer the excess cash received from the Tellers to vault and withdraw the cash as and when required ensuring safe custody and handling of cash.
- Ensure that all Tellers hand over all the physical cash and maintain their cash box balance zero and tally with GL at end of the day, and to make prompt investigation in case of any difference.
- 5 to 6yrs of Retail banking experience with a good understanding of Teller / Cash Transaction
- Graduate, preferably in commercially oriented discipline or Diploma in business / finance related subjects.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.