Website GEMS Education
We are looking for an outstanding and motivated candidate to join GEMS Wellington International School in the capacity of HR Assistant with immediate effect.
- To ensure all staff have the relevant documentation and approvals and to ensure that no staff or contractors working alongside children are allowed in school until they have completed all relevant checks as per the GEMS Safer Recruitment policy.
- Tracks approval process in for all processes wherever other department’s signatures are required.
- Runs reports from DAX as required by the HR Manager or other areas of the business.
- Drafts routine correspondence, letters and memos for approval from Line Manager.
- Assists and prepares statistical summaries and reports for school management.
- Maintains staff leave records e.g. annual, medical, holiday and personal leave days for payroll.
- Deals with staff issues and trying to resolve them in timely and professional manner.
- Attends HR related meetings and all staff meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned by the HR Manager and Principal/CEO.
- Models and encourages a culture of kindness in support of the core values: Fortitude, Integrity and Empathy.
- Manages HR responsibilities in compliance with policies, procedures and systems.
- Maintains utmost confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Submits and processes KHDA approvals for relevant employees as part of the compliance process.
- Ensure compliance with all HR systems to maintain employee records including payroll tracking.
- Administers, monitors and explains insurance benefits to employees, serves as liaison between employees and insurance carriers. Supports employees with insurance related and medical issues.
- Assists PRO with issuing visas and labour cards details.
- Administers the Leave of Absence request forms and ensures accurate data entry of attendance in PHOENIX/attendance reporting system.
- Ensures a smooth exit is achieved by those leaving by following the exit formalities and following up on payment of their end-of-service dues.
- Produces HR letters, NOCs, salary certificates and salary transfer letters in English and Arabic (in coordination with GRE) as required on a timely basis.
- Knowledge in general HR office procedures, policies and methods.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment is a plus.
- Experienced in using MS Office and HR Systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Solid communication skills and attention to detail.
- Able to multi task and cope with a degree of pressure at peak times.
- High School certificate (minimum), College Degree preferred.
- HR related qualification is desirable (e.g. CIPD).
Company: GEMS Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.