Website Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City - SSMC
The vascular access specialist team plays a crucial role in ensuring effective and safe vascular access for patients. Their responsibilities encompass a range of tasks, including the insertion of difficult peripheral intravenous cannulation, midline catheter insertion, and PICC line catheter insertion.
- Monitoring midline catheters for patency, signs of infection, and complications, and providing interventions as
- Collaborating with healthcare providers to determine appropriate therapy and coordinating the removal or replacement of midline catheters as required.
- Inserting peripheral IV catheters in patients with difficult veins or challenging access.
- Assessing and selecting appropriate veins for
- Utilizing various techniques and technologies to enhance successful cannulation, such as ultrasound-guided cannulation or vein visualization devices.
- Ensuring the placement of peripheral IV catheters with minimal complications and maintaining proper infection control
- Monitoring and maintaining peripheral IV catheters for optimal function and patient comfort.
- Collaborating with healthcare professionals to determine the need for IV therapy and providing recommendations for suitable catheter
- Midline Catheter Insertion:
- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) Line Insertion:
- Assessing patients’ suitability for PICC line insertion based on clinical indications, medical history, and vein condition.
- Documenting all vascular access procedures, patient assessments, and interventions accurately and in a timely
- Staying up-to-date with the latest evidence-based practices, guidelines, and technologies related to vascular
- Participating in quality improvement initiatives to enhance patient outcomes and reduce
- Providing education and training to healthcare professionals on vascular access-related
- Collaborating with interdisciplinary teams to develop policies, procedures, and guidelines related to vascular
- Participating in the evaluation and selection of vascular access devices and
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment, adhering to infection control protocols and occupational health and safety
- Obtaining informed consent from patients and explaining the procedure, benefits, and potential
- Preparing and maintaining a sterile field during the PICC line insertion process.
- Inserting PICC lines using ultrasound guidance and other specialized
- Ensuring accurate positioning of the catheter tip within the superior vena cava under fluoroscopy or other imaging
- Post-insertion, verifying the function and position of the PICC line through imaging studies.
- Educating patients, caregivers, and healthcare providers on PICC line care, maintenance, dressing changes, and potential
- Keeps supply shelves in order
- Bachelor degree in nursing
- BLS Certification
- International accreditation experience
- Valid license to practice
Company: Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City - SSMC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.