Website Mashreq Bank
Independently advise, strategize, handle, manage and address from beginning to end complex legal issues relating to all aspects of the Bank’s Retail and Commercial Business and Mortgage recoveries in accordance with best practice methods to ensure the Bank’s interests are fully protected, asset recovery is maximized, risk mitigated, and Cases filed against the Bank.
- Reviewing, drafting of documentation relating to retail banking facility agreements, finance security documents, and commercial arrangements including, but not limited to, credit facility agreements, pledge and mortgage agreements, services agreements, escrow trust account agreements, supply agreements, shareholders agreements, articles of association and all types of retail credit agreements.
- Advising on legal and regulatory matters pertaining to the Bank with respect to Central Bank and other Governmental Authorities (Central Bank, Real Estate Regulatory Authority, Dubai Land Department) local agencies and public authorities.
- Keeping abreast of all legal developments and other official practices and procedures in Dubai and the jurisdictions of other Emirates on a continuing basis, reviewing legal manuals and reports, court judgments and amendments to various statutes and legislation, promulgation of new laws, regulations, ministerial decrees, by-laws and relevant orders
- Conduct on-going review and assessment of internal legal processes and procedures in the retail bank and the retail recoveries function to mitigate legal risk.
- Filing precautionary and executionary attachments, instituting legal action in connection with non-performing retail loans (through engagement of external counsel), filing action and appeals with Courts (including foreclosure action on mortgages), Governmental departments, Law enforcement authorities, Police, Public Prosecution, local and federal authorities and other relevant bodies.
- Law graduate with 8–10 years of legal experience in the retail/commercial and litigation practice areas as a member of a national/international law firm and /or legal department of a bank in a Civil/Common law jurisdiction, preferably in the United Arab Emirates.
- Computer Literate
- Good command of English and Arabic.
- Experience in managing mortgage foreclosure and property related cases before the courts and public authorities is essential.
- Well versed with good practical working knowledge of the laws of the UAE especially retail/commercial/banking laws and regulations of governmental authorities (Central Bank, Dubai Lands
- Department, Real Estate Regulatory Authority and other similar bodies).
- Ability to think commercially.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to handle several matters at the same time.
Company: Mashreq Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.