Website Etihad Airways
The Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor (AMS) is responsible to ensure quality control mechanisms are maintained as per GCAA and Etihad Technical Operations requirements. The AMS supervises a team of aircraft engineers and technicians, making sure all the tasks are done correctly and comply with organizational requirements, coordinating maintenance activities, and contributing to the overall efficiency and safety of aircraft operations.
- Make sure all team members observe safety precautions and have the required PPE for the tasks assigned.
- Accomplish independent inspections to check the quality and completeness of maintenance tasks as required.
- Do random tool box/kit inspections on team members to make sure compliance with organizational requirements is maintained.
- Ensure accurate submissions of Lost Tool Reports are submitted immediately i.a.w Etihad Procedures Promote a “clean as you go” culture with a strong emphasis on F.O.D prevention. Ensure that general housekeeping is maintained at his immediate working area and that use of correct tools and properly returned after daily use.
- Take part in incident investigations to find the root cause of safety accidents, incidents, or near-misses.
- Identify hazards, risks and perform Risk Assessment in your area and report to the Safety Manager.
- Raise TORs while conducting inspections/audits to enhance continual improvement.
- Conduct Quality Control inspections during maintenance activities to ensure all staff are compliant to Etihad and GCAA requirements.
- Conduct pre-shift safety briefings with the crew and cover any recent notices that have been issued.
- Talk and collaborate with other teams and departments as necessary to make sure of a smooth workflow and minimize downtime Assign tasks, prioritize workload, and make sure resources are used efficiently.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations, mentorship, and training to improve the team’s competence.
- Read and interpret OEM maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine viability and methods of repairing or replacing unserviceable components.
- Experience: A minimum of 10 years in aircraft maintenance experience is required.
- At least 3 years are related to supervisory or Quality Control functions and have a complete understanding of SMS requirements.
- Ability to engage and work cross-functionally at all levels Must be able to conduct safety briefings, assist with investigation reports, and organize manpower around the shift’s flight schedule. Excellent communication, leadership and coaching skills.
- Essential: Valid aircraft maintenance license recognized by ICAO.
- Equivalent B.S. degree in the field of Aeronautical, Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic engineering) is preferred.
Company: Etihad Airways
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.