This Manager I, Legal Services position is part of the Middle East and Africa (MEA) practice group of the Law Department and will report to a VP & Assistant General Counsel, development or VP & Senior Counsel, Development attorney on the team. The position mainly deals with matters relating to Middle East and Africa but may be asked to cover and work with the Europe
- Maintain database for hotels and up-to-date tracking of the status of documents. Maintain current agreements and related agreements and forms, alternatives and samples, disclosure documents, and research using SharePoint and Teams sites, and ensure that all of the above and processes maintained on the site are current and accessible. Provide training, assistance, and access for both authorized internal personnel and external resources.
- Obtain information and assist in the preparation of franchise disclosure documents for annual update and local law requirements and collateral documents for submission to government authorities.
- Assist in review of financing requests by owners and franchisees and respond to owners, franchisees, lenders, and their counsel, as necessary.
- Assist attorneys and other paralegals by performing a variety of legal-related projects under limited direction of an attorney, including preparing drafts of management agreements, franchise agreements, disclosure documents, collection and verification of due diligence, coordination with local counsel and internal resources, and reviewing and analyzing legal documents and business communications of moderate degrees of complexity, as more specifically described below.
- Provide direct support to the attorneys and assist other members of the Group in the performance of their duties and responsibilities.
- Interface with:
- Development personnel, clients, owners, franchisees, local counsel and their administrative staffs to conduct organizational due diligence and obtain all required information for completion of management and franchise agreements.
- Development personnel, local counsel and their administrative staffs to review letters of intent and terms sheets and prepare and review confidentiality agreements, all with minimal input from attorneys, other than to address non-standard terms.
- Respond as necessary to miscellaneous management and franchise development issues.
- Perform related clerical duties as necessary to fulfill responsibilities.
- Undertake special assignments, including research, review, and analysis of contract documentation and other issues, as requested.
- Good judgment and use of discretion.
- Strong attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Diligence, dependability and strong work ethic.
- Ability to remain calm in high stress situations.
- Good project management skills and ability to multi-task and meet simultaneous deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact and communicate effectively, specifically demonstrate an ability to present ideas and information in a clear and concise manner and an ability to interact effectively and develop positive, professional working relationships with clients as well as team members.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to changing work demands.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written English skills.
- Strong skills with MS Office, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Proficiency or capacity to learn to utilize SharePoint and Teams required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.