The Post Fixing and Loss Manager is responsible for the handling and management of all freight/hire payments and shipment claims that are received and incurred by the organization, and working with Shipping, Trading, Legal and Finance while minimizing the financial impact for AT.
- Ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place to ensure that all AT activities related to Post Fixture Loss Control activities are executed in a controlled and compliant manner, with regards to relevant laws and regulations
- Work to financial and other performance related targets, with monthly reporting to senior management
- Provide training and mentoring to team members.
- Manage and/ or guide the negotiations for all demurrage claims and disputes, working closely with Legal, Trading and Shipping teams.
- Develop good working relationships with key partners including ADNOC L&S, ADNOC Refining and Petroleum Ports Authority
- Ensure all payables/receivables and any other post fixture loss claims are managed in a timely, effective and professional manner.
- Manage all freight/hire payments, demurrage, and other shipping related claims, with a view to optimising team performance and net revenue generated and /or saved by the team.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Economics, Engineering or Law. Knowledge of Maritime law is essential and critical for this role. Legal educational background is preferred but not essential. Technical knowledge of vessels’ operation is an added value.
- Good External relationships with Trading and Shipping companies to help recovery and minimize overdue claims.
- 10+ years’ work experience in shipping/chartering/ demurrage/ maritime legal function in the oil industry, gained in an oil major or similar.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Demurrage.
- Demurrage experience in Oil Trading and supported Traders and Operations team pre, during and post deal transaction.
- Strong demurrage, analytical / contractual background in the oil industry.
- Strong commercial instinct with focus on delivering maximum value for ADNOC Trading.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.