Website Chalhoub Careers
The Merchandise Planner will use a data-driven approach to optimize sales, margin and inventory in an omnichannel environment. They will forecast future seasonal demand at category – subcategory level for each region, maximize sell-thru in-season by collaborating with key stakeholders: Commercial, Finance, Ecommerce and Buying. Responsible to lead the OTB, pricing & gross margin impact, end of product lifecycle process working in collaboration with Commercial, Buying, Finance, Ecommerce as well as other roles within Supply Chain.
- Monitor Inventory Aging and recommend actions on markdowns and liquidation to achieve inventory targets considering Category and Brand identity.
- Develop and provide buying with category assortment recommendations plans and sizing analysis by Channel / Region / Store and sell through reports at SKU Level by stores which are aligned with the merchandise strategy and proactively suggest improvements to optimize revenue and profitability through what if scenarios.
- Define the sales plan and OTB by partnering with Buying, Finance, Retail, and Ecommerce business to develop the merchandise strategy, using data-driven input from sales trends, market conditions and supplier demands to drive profitable decision making.
- Monitor inventory mix in each location and recommend seasonal stock transfers, if needed, in order to boost sales.
- Re-plan business in-season based on latest performance and present it to management with recommendations
- Assess and highlight risks and opportunities on sales, gross margin and inventory, based on supply or demand gaps, recommending possible solutions.
- Drive pricing strategy and plan seasonal markdowns by item to maximize sales and gross margin in collaboration with Buying and Retail.
- Commercially minded problem-solver with proven track-record of delivering financial targets
- Strong stakeholder management, aiming for win-win solution
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of retail & fashion business
- Communicate with candor and value open debate to ensure the best ideas come to life, collaborating with stakeholders
- Self-starter, enthusiastic and pragmatic
- Highly analytical and data-driven working comfortably with quantitative figures
- Advanced knowledge of excel and MS office and planning tools
- Experience in of forecasting, merchandise planning, allocation, replenishment and financial planning processes and systems
Company: Chalhoub Careers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.