Website Commercial Bank of Dubai
The role holder is responsible for the day to day management of regulators lists (CBUAE, UN, HMT, EU, OFAC) and ensure they are correctly updated and fed into the appropriate entries within the Bank’s systems, that these are verified against the Banks screening system to ensure they do not result in an unexpected jump in the daily alerts being generated and to work closely with the tuning team to ensure that any required tuning is undertaken to ensure the STP rate of the Bank does not get significantly negatively impacted from these changes.
- Review and reconciliation of requests from various teams within the Bank for updates or changes to entries to the Banks internal watch lists
- Regular meetings with the Sanctions and Compliance systems teams to highlight problems identified, root causes, potential opportunities for improvement
- Assist in compliance responsibilities to manage and mitigate Sanctions risks
- Documenting the different lists being used against the 9 different filters maintained by the Bank
- Ability to use the Fircosoft Utilities suite to review and analyze the lists going into the various systems, identify challenges and work with the tuning team to appropriately mitigate their impact
- Day to day management and oversight of the lists going into the Banks screening systems:
- Assist to mitigate Sanctions Compliance Risk ,foster a Compliance Culture in the Bank and optimize the relationship with the internal and external stakeholders of the Bank, comply with applicable Sanctions laws, standards & local laws and regulations.
- Review of all changes from the various regulators – CBUAE, OFAC, HMT, EU, UN.
- Analysis of the impact of the changes to the different lists to the alerts being generated by the screening system
- To demonstrate integrity, the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills in financial crime and the banking industry
Periodic reconciliation between CBDs lists and the regulatory lists to identify any missing or incorrect list entries
- The jobholder is accountable for the management of the lists being used by the 9 filters within the banks screening systems.
- Knowledge of OFAC, UN,EU,UK and UAE Sanctions regimes, sanctions screening processes, bank / payment system operations, policies and procedures, and risk assessment
- Review of the lists going into Production daily to ensure they are correctly updated with all regulatory changes
- Good understanding of Sanctions, their impact and implications
- Good understanding of regulations and different regulatory bodies (OFAC, EU, UN, etc.)
- Good ability to work independently with limited day to day management and guidance
- Bachelor degree holder
- Good understanding of regulatory and internal watchlists
- 2 years of experience working in the Financial Crime sector
Company: Commercial Bank of Dubai
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.