Website Jumeirah Group Dubai, United Arab Emirates
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Pastry Chef to join the Culinary team in Jumeirah Emirates Towers. The main purpose of this role is to provide to lead & direct the team in menu design and food production to ensure the Pastry operation achieves its goals and contributes to the guest experience and overall profitability of the hotel whilst maintaining Jumeirah Brand standards. Candidate is also an ambassador of the excellence of the service delivered in the hotel with ensuring all suppliers are provided with a warm, friendly, courteous, informative and efficient service in all areas. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assumes responsibility for increasing departmental Sales and profits.
- Establish Culinary standards for the specialty of each kitchen which may include Banqueting.
- Creating, in conjunction with the Executive Pastry Chef/Chef De Cuisine, menus, buffets and “specials” which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurants.
- Handling of the fully implemented HACCP guidelines as well as general Health & Safety in the workplace.
- Stay up to date with latest Culinary trends and create ideas into better and consistent implementations.
- Must be progressive thinking with Cuisine & able to implement such ideas with ease.
- To fully understand HACCP and COSHH and take appropriate action to ensure a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department.
In order to be considered for this role you will have at least two years of working experience in a similar role in a luxury five-star hotel environment. You will have excellent written and spoken English skills, additional language is advantage. Knowledge of hotel operating systems is a must. Your experience in handling guest requests and exceeding their expectations would be regarded as essential. Should be able to quickly learn and adapt to a new work environment.
Company: Jumeirah Group Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.