Website Qatar Foundation
Each the piano 23 hours per week and, in addition, to accompany students up to 2 hours per week. Be familiar with the piano and musicianship syllabuses, guidelines and regulations of Qatar Music Academy internal exams and ABRSM practical exams. Support the implementation of a comprehensive music program. Attend all mandatory training (e.g. Child Protection and Safeguarding) conducted by QMA and PUE. Attend all staff meetings scheduled by the Director of QMA. Attend all Western Music Department meetings scheduled by the Head of the Western Music Department. Attend all Piano Faculty meetings and all staff Professional Learning Days.
- Provide prompt and frequent feedback to students and parents.
- Reflect on and review personal teaching methods and schemes of work regularly to improve as an educator.
- Maintain a safe, secure and pleasant learning environment for students.
- Organize and conduct compulsory class recitals and concerts during each academic term.
- Undertake reasonable duties of supervision of students during non-teaching time (e.g. during concerts).
- Implement programs and initiatives adopted by the QMA administration.
- Identify, diagnose, and prescribe remediation for individual learning difficulties.
- Conduct interesting, well-planned and well-paced classes using a variety of instructional techniques,
- differentiation strategies and media, appropriate to the lesson and the needs and capabilities of the student.
- Experience of teaching students from the age of 6 to 18 years old and adult students.
- Female piano teacher with residency in Qatar.
- Should be actively involved in music as a performer and have some experience of event management (organizing and conducting class recitals and ensemble concerts).
- Must have excellent Microsoft Office skills (some experience in Sibelius or the other music software is desirable).
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- 10 years’ piano teaching experience with proven teaching track record (students taking ABRSM exams and participate in festivals and competitions).
- Bachelor’s degree (BA Hons) in Piano Performance (Master’s degree desirable).
- Experience of international examinations, including ABRSM examinations and academic administration work.
Company: Qatar Foundation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.