Responsible for leading strategic negotiations with TRDA, executing regulatory affairs strategy, monitoring anti-competitive practices, organizing liaison activities and developing new strategies to enhance regulatory relationships
- Advocate for Etisalat interests and organize liaison activities with other providers to shape the regulator policy in favor of Etisalat
- Develop new strategies and business plans to enhance regulatory relationships and partnerships and act as a source of expertise and advice on regulatory issues within Etisalat UAE
Ensure regulatory knowledge transfer within Etisalat
- Lead the analysis of the impact of regulatory developments, economic analysis and regulatory research, benchmarking similar cases across relevant international markets, and defining potential solutions
- Engage with local telecom companies for the purpose of developing strategic relationships and establishing liaison networks to influence regulatory bodies not to create or introduce new regulations/instruction that might impact etisalat interest
- Engage with local and international telecom companies for the purpose of developing strategic relationships and establishing liaison networks to create solution or agree on framework to reduce risks that impact telecom sectors which could be imposed by external parties or individuals e.g. fraud, spoofing, interference, spectrum allocation etc.
- Synthesize favorable strategies and approaches in alleviating regulatory developments for the benefit of Etisalat UAE
- Work with TDRA to develop/enhance the ICT and digital strategy for UAE to grow the ICT sector while protecting Etisalat interest and create new business opportunities
- Proactively defend Etisalat’s best interests, from a regulatory perspective, across all relevant forums and undertake strategic negotiations with TDRA and other governmental and non-governmental bodies to influence those entities and their ordinances for the benefits of Etisalat
- Lead monitoring activities and report on anti-competitive practices by telecom operators and other providers
- MUST HAVE 12-15 years of experience in a large telecom service provider managing regulatory strategies, out of which at least 6 years are in managerial position
- Nice to have experience in the middle East.
- MUST HAVE Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Law, Engineering or another business/ technical field. Master’s degree is preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.