The Senior IT/OT Systems Engineer position: provides technological and engineering expertise for the implementation of new IT/OT technology and equipment; evaluates and resolves problems with existing IT/OT systems utilizing vendor and/or mill maintenance support when necessary; designs and programs changes to the existing OT systems as needed. This position ensures the IT/OT systems are properly deployed to provide the greatest return on investment regarding production, costs, quality as well as safe and environmentally sound operations.
- Utilizes a proactive approach and project skills to develop solutions to short- and long-term issues.
- Works closely with Process Control, Maintenance, and Operations to identify and resolve issues.
- Leads troubleshooting efforts of systems and processes. Helps promote technical skills with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate with Vendors, IT and Engineering & Manufacturing Services to implement policies and infrastructure improvements.
- Contribute to development and implementation of the function’s Business Strategy, ensuring that the overall business goals are fully supported by the function.
- Monitor the cascade and translation of business long and short-term plans are effectively converted into the function’s acceptable performance objectives in line with established service levels.
- Manage the team to promote Borouge’s Value and Culture towards supporting the working environment in the organization and with customers, while enriching the customer focus and ensuring compliance to Borouge’s data confidentiality, corporate image, according to local regulation and norms.
- Manage the verification of bidders list, pre-qualification evaluation, development of tender/enquiries, selection of engineering consultants, Project Management Consultants (PMC) and EPC Contractor.
- Ensure that all investments are implemented according to ADNOC VAP Borouge governing procedures, specifications, performance standards & relevant (inter)national code & standards, hereby applying strict principles of project risk, control & quality management.
- Evaluates, troubleshoots, and maintains system hardware.
- Support of 3rd Party vendor system access in adherence with corporate policy
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting the IT/OT infrastructure that supports Process Control Systems. This includes Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s), as well as custom control applications used to meet manufacturing needs and production goals.
- Assists project engineers and managers in the planning, development, and implementation of capital projects.
- Engages in development of short and long-term planning of system upgrades and migrations.
- During project design, assists with coordinating the development of system and network requirements with process control engineers, operating departments, and control system suppliers. Participate in factory checkout of equipment prior to delivery to confirm design and functionality.
- Provide documentation of IT/OT systems.
- Experience in managing IT/OT infrastructure engineering multi-disciplinary functions for the design of assets/facilities such as Data Centres ; infrastructure and Fiber optics Design for MDF and IDF Rooms.
- Good knowledge of relevant international standards. And Cyber Security Standards
- High degree of computer literacy with thorough experience of MS Office, SAP & Project related software.
- Well-developed interpersonal, organizational, analytical, ethical, communication, team & networking skills.
- Bachelor Degree in relevant Engineering discipline ( Computer Engineering is preferable ). A certificate in Project Management is preferable.
- Fluent in English, both written & oral.
- Minimum of 10 – 12 years of experience in IT/ OT Project in Oil & Gas / Petrochemicals.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.