Website KPMG Lower Gulf
Audit Associates work under the supervision of Senior Associates/Managers on particular engagements. Their main responsibility is to prepare the working papers in accordance with the firm and professional standard, as delegated by the senior. Their primary job is to ensure that they deliver quality services on a timely basis.
- Consolidations (specific high risk areas)
- Follow through to finalisation
- Audit administration
- Client relations – interaction with client staff
- Preparation and updating of system documentation
- Preparation / completion of general file documents
- Analytical Review (AR) of financial statements
- Updating of system documentation
- Clearing review notes raised by the job in charge and mangers. Prior to management review conduct a thorough check on the working papers
- Develop industry knowledge to complement functional skills
- Compliance testing, including system work through
- The audit of the client’s statutory records, internal controls and consolidated accounts
- Attending stock counts and the follow up of the counts
- Participates in the pre engagement planning, with team members and client staff when needed. Discuss client’s need/expectations, team roles, budgets and other things necessary to carry out the engagement.
- Specifically focused on audit of key financial statement captions e.g.
- Accounts payable (AP)
- Accounts receivable, excluding the evaluation of the provision for doubtful debts
- Fixed assets, excluding the assessment of capital work in progress and fixed policies when these audits are complex and more risky
- Knowledge in accounting concepts
- Computer Literacy
- 24 – 30 months’ work experience
- Prior experience in deleaing in clients involved in real estate, construction and related industries and oil & gas sectors
- Bachelor in Commerce or Completed A levels or equivalent
- ACCA – Should have completed a minimum of 9 papers (F1-F9)
- CPA – Complete 2 papers
- ICAEW – Complete Professional Stage
Company: KPMG Lower Gulf
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.