Website KPMG Lower Gulf
Audit Associates work under the supervision of Senior Associates/Managers on particular engagements. Their main responsibility is to prepare the working papers in accordance with the firm and professional standard, as delegated by the senior. Their primary job is to ensure that they deliver quality services on a timely basis.
- Follow through to finalisation
- Audit administration
- Client relations – interaction with client staff
- Preparation and updating of system documentation
- Preparation / completion of general file documents
- Analytical Review (AR) of financial statements
- Specifically focused on audit of key financial statement captions e.g.
- Accounts payable (AP)
- Overall responsible for the audit as an in charge for medium and small clients. In case of large clients, act as semi senior.
- Mentoring of Associate 1 and 2, trainees & assist them with the office orientation
- Involved in planning and strategy of the audit
- Monitoring budgets of the engagements
- Reporting including annual financial statements, managements letters, key features memoranda, etc.
- Ensuring that all review notes are cleared
- Accounts receivable, excluding the evaluation of the provision for doubtful debts
- Fixed assets, excluding the assessment of capital work in progress and fixed policies when these audits are complex and more risky
- The audit of the client’s statutory records, internal controls and consolidated accounts
- Attending stock counts and the follow up of the counts
- Participates in the pre engagement planning, with team members and client staff when needed. Discuss client’s need/expectations, team roles, budgets and other things necessary to carry out the engagement.
- Understand the clients business, products, performance and accounting policies.
- Adhere to the KPMG code of conduct and all KPMG risk management policies and procedures
- Inventory, including the evaluation of the obsolescence provision
- Investments, excluding complex financial instruments
- Coaching, review and delegation of work performed by team members & ensure that the engagement reviews are completed within the given time
- Updating of system documentation
- ICAEW – Complete Professional Stage
- Knowledge in accounting concepts
- Computer Literacy
- 24 – 30 months’ work experience
- Prior experience in deleaing in clients involved in real estate, construction and related industries and oil & gas sectors.
- Bachelor in Commerce or Completed A levels or equivalent
- ACCA – Should have completed a minimum of 9 papers (F1-F9)
- CPA – Complete 2 papers
Company: KPMG Lower Gulf
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.