Website Mashreq Bank
The role entails approving or recommending credit facilities to support asset growth strategy of Banks and Non Bank Financial Institutions segment of CIBG after thorough evaluation of the credit worthiness and debt repayment capacity. Such review would entail a detailed assessment of macro economic outlook for the country where the Bank is domiciled, the regulatory environment and the standalone financial condition of the Bank.
- Ensuring high standards of presentation by minimizing the % of proposals returned / rejected by CCO or Credit Committee.
- Accompanying RM teams on calls where necessary, both domestic and international, to maintain an awareness of market and business conditions.
- Helping untangle complex industry / business issues in different geographic locations and simplify understanding enabling smooth and reasoned credit decisions.
- Interact proactively within Group / Division and across related operating / support divisions to find enduring solutions to on-going business issues.
- Maintenance of good quality of assigned loan portfolio, as measured by % of classified outstanding and hence loan loss provisions, which has direct impact on Group profitability.
- Actual vs Target asset growth within the acceptable risk appetite.
- Assisting in developing training curriculum for any in-house training programs (including on-the-job training) for development of superior credit culture.
- Formation of / participation in focus groups for regular review of policies / procedures related to Financial Institutions business of Mashreq Bank
- Minimizing downward migration across risk grades without an early warning
- Early detection of warning signals to ensure timely corrective action, and hence minimize loan losses.
- Maintaining targeted turnaround time.
- Recommend / approve corrective action on problematic relations.
- Resolving issues related to recruitment, training and career paths for personnel within his area of control
- The candidate should have a minimum 5 years experience in a credit approval role.
- High degree of lending skills (credit, analytical, judgmental) and exposure to geographic locations.
- Good knowledge of macroeconomic trends, geo-political issues as well as legal and regulatory issues in various jurisdictions
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills with ability to present to senior forums including the credit committee.
- University Graduate. MBA or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum 20 years lending/corporate banking experience in a Commercial bank of which minimum 10 years should be related to Financial Institutions business.
Company: Mashreq Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.