Support in driving and implementing software engineering strategies, standards and guidelines in the assigned feature team. Collaborate with the team to develop business critical technical solutions through the application of software programming, robust engineering practices and built in quality. Job also includes planning/estimation, application development, deployment, release, hyper-care and operation of developed solutions. The job holder provides technical leadership to the assigned team in the software development lifecycle
- Contribute to sprint/work design and planning by providing subject matter expertise on business domain and relevant technologies and actively contribute to technology specific community of practices.
- Drive the adoption of Engineering practices , implement development process automation, lean software development, built-in-quality, test driven development, agile practices, and timely root cause analysis and blameless incident post-mortems.
- Carry out effective technical design reviews to ensure that the right architecture patterns are used by the team.
- Manage and mentor Software Engineers to allow for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching, and training opportunities.
- Ensure optimal use of enterprise application platforms, tools and libraries in line with the approved technology architecture.
- Responsible for their technical deliveries and adherence to design and coding standards and practices.
- Collaborate with the team to deliver technical design, development and deployment of complex solutions within relevant product.
- Evaluate current problems, future requirements and existing solutions in medium to large projects to enable high level design and drive proof-of-concepts and implement prototypes to validate ideas
- Responsible for corrective, adaptive, preventative and perfective maintenance of products in collaboration with other capabilities for the relevant product.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to determine viability of solutions.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and new technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Investigate, debug and fix complex issues involving corner cases and rare conditions.
- Experience with a range of technologies: Core Java/Java, OOPS Concepts, Spring Framework, Oracle, AngularJS or ReactJS
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Computational
- Mathematics, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering.
- 2-5 years of Software Engineering experience preferably in agile ways of working
- Strong knowledge in Full stack development capabilities, technology evaluation, vendor selection and technology vendor management
- Experience in providing production support for business solutions.
- Experience in implementation of contemporary engineering practices like lean software development, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience of developing advanced technology solutions for large, complex organisations in a multi-functional environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.