Responsible for CBD’s overall strategic direction, development and delivery of its sustainable finance ambitions, innovations and commitments. As the CBD lead on Sustainable finance, this role with lead both internally and externally, coordinating activities across the Bank, including ensuring ongoing oversight of the sustainable finance framework. This role will be responsible for developing and managing the Bank’s sustainable finance offering, working closely with Wholesale and Transaction Banking teams.
- Manage the bank’s sustainable finance framework to enable the issuance of “use-of-proceeds” – based Financing Instruments
- Oversight and monitoring of green bond asset pool and reporting on same to ESG Council
- Monitoring of wholesale credit portfolio
- Shape, develop, implement, embed and oversee CBD’s sustainable finance strategy, enabling CBD to meet its ESG ambition.
- ESG risk assessment of Wholesale Credit Applications
- Redesign of wholesale credit process, including integration with ESG ratings engine
- Implement process and system changes as required to enable efficient and scalable sustainable finance offerings in the future
- Definition of sustainable / transition finance strategy
- Implement policy and process changes as required to enable efficient and scalable sustainable finance offerings in the future
- Manage the bank’s sustainable finance framework to enable the issuance of “use-of-proceeds” – based
- Sustainable Financing Instruments, which include, but are not limited to Bonds and Loans
- Monitor the evaluation and selection of eligible projects and manage the proceeds under the sustainable finance framework and coordinate with multiple units including Treasury, Enterprise Risk Management,
- Business Units and Credit to identify and match suitable green / social assets and liabilities
- Advising PBG and WBG on suitable sustainable finance product propositions
- Identify ways to manage and mitigate possible negative ESG impacts, support innovation and create effective systems for identifying desired impact outcomes and measuring actual impact.
- Work with colleagues across the Bank to identify opportunities for maximum impact, put in place the framework for longer term embedded change and enable the Bank to track and evidence its impact for internal and external use.
- Coordinate, and report into, the ESG Committee to enable and deliver ESG positive impact opportunities
- Provide external thought leadership and guidance to business product lines in terms of how to leverage sustainability for more customer centric, environmentally friendly, empathetic offerings
- Shape and deliver the “financed emissions” initiatives to support CBD’s commitment on net zero
- Work closely with the CRO and Head of Enterprise Risk Management to ensure that Climate Risk is embedded as part of the ERM framework
- Responsible for maintaining close and collaborative working relationships with CBD stakeholders, market peers and participants, think tanks, relevant agencies, NGO’s and government agencies.
Impact and allocation reporting
- Help to ensure compliance with any CBUAE regulations related to ESG / sustainability
- Internationally recognized financial / accounting qualification
- 5 plus years of banking experience and relevant ESG experience is a must
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.