The main tasks will be designing and supporting IT-solutions for the EK Group. Working as part of a Design & Support team, the Senior Technical Engineer will design, develop, support, and deliver robust and cost-effective solutions for both Business and IT led initiatives including solution development and cost estimations, configuration and deployment, Business Case Development & Approval. You will support and ensure solution compliance to the enterprise architecture, production processes, QMS and other EG-IT standards. You will also contribute to development of the roadmap of the concerned technology roadmap aligning with IT strategy.
- Foster the development of high performing technical teams to meet strategic architectural objectives.
- Develop Solution architectures for assigned projects with established EA standards and also to support in the development of technology advancements and adaptation of new technologies.
- Collaborate with other IT Technology Teams to implement ongoing monitoring of the relevant technology to ensure severity 1 & 2 Incidents are configured within EMS.
- Provide guidance to Project managers / Technology Team Managers for solution definition, technical design and development of in house developed solutions. These are to be delivered as per agreed costs and timescales to meet signed off functional, technical and process requirements.
- Ensure that assigned incidents are resolved within the agreed Service Levels and problems are defined and analysed in line with the Problem Management Process. Ensure that solutions to problems meet the architectural and security standards within the technology area and impact to the business is minimised. Own & manage changes within the Technology Area.
- Publish and maintain high quality documentation for technology area. Working within the standard templates and documentation guidelines which includes detailed design, configuration details, support procedures, operations manuals and deployment architecture.
- Manage “End of Life” replacement of equipment and/or software within the technology area to ensure conformance to technical standards and support the Technology initiatives and directions.
- Ensure the process and Enhancement specifications are translated into effective programs with error free code using the enterprise development tools, methods and languages.
- Provide expert technical consultancy and guidance to EG-IT dealing within the technology area and act as lead technical member in the Project team delivering the work packages assigned.
- Develop IT Solutions that meet customer requirements. Ensure that the design is robust, appropriate and of high quality and conforming to corporate standards and in line with the technical strategy.
- Ensure that the developed architecture/solution meets the service level requirements in terms of expected availability, capacity, continuity, security, performance and reliability. Ensuring that the developed architecture/solution meets the service level requirements in terms of expected availability, capacity, continuity, security, performance and reliability.
- Interpersonal skills, Influence and negotiation
- Agile and DevOps practice
- Organising for Outcomes, attention to detail and quality
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Linux expertise – power user
- Cloud expertise – experience with leading public clouds, VMware based private cloud
- Automation expertise – Jenkins, shell scripting
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.