Website Jumeirah Group
Jumeirah Group’s newest resort Jumeirah Marsa Al Arab will lead a new generation of Group’s ultra-luxury portfolio. Nestled at the tip of a peninsula at the heart of Dubai’s largest private beach, with design influences of a futuristic superyacht, Jumeirah Marsa Al Arab will feature 303 rooms, 84 suites, and 82 serviced residences set amid private landscaped gardens. It encompasses specially integrated wellness and leisure destinations and an impressive line-up of signature restaurants, including a new concept comprising 4 restaurants in 1. With all rooms offering a panoramic vista over the Arabian Sea, this statement property will mark a new epoch for Jumeirah Group.
An opportunity has arisen for a Sous Chef to join the pre-opening of Jumeirah Marsa Al Arab – Residences. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Keeping up to date with industry trends, new techniques, and culinary innovations.
- Optimize the use of restaurant resources: food, energy, labour, water.
- Adhere to all relevant Health, Safety and Environment procedures, Fire and Safety instructions, controls, and audit requirements in compliance with HACAP and Jumeirah standard operating procedures so that Jumeirah Group provides world class and luxurious hospitality services to its guests.
- Supervise and check every dish sent from the section to ensure adherence to the kitchen quality standards.
- In the absence of senior chefs, ensure daily kitchen records and labelling standards are being always maintained and all set standards and quality procedures are adhered to.
- Prepare and cook high quality food according to menu guidelines and recipes and as per instructions received from Sous Chef or Chef De Cuisine.
- Assist the Executive Chef / Chef de Cuisine in the development of new menu ideas to ensure all menus are seasonal and creative using the finest ingredients and working within the brief.
- Communicate any issues arising within the section to the Executive Sous Chef and act any further directions given to ensure prompt solution to problems for the smoother operations of the kitchen.
- Ensure that the designated section, equipment, and utensils are always kept clean and tidy to the standards required by the restaurant.
- Prior experience in a luxury hospitality setting, preferably in a similar role
- Exceptional creativity, passion, and attention to detail with menu development
- Exposure to international cuisines and particularly in a fusion of American and Mediterranean cuisines
- College Degree in Culinary Arts or similar from an accredited Culinary School
Company: Jumeirah Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.