Website Emirates NBD
Support the Compliance Manager in timely review of new special risk accounts being on-boarded. Assisting in all the periodic (Annual & Trigger) reviews of existing accounts, maintaining different reports for MI purposes, follow up on any client documentation issues, support in collating information for updating policies and guidelines and for maintaining files for record keeping. Ensure prompt reporting on reviews is done. Management of various MI reports and monthly reports, collating key required information for reporting purposes and ensuring timely and accurate submission. Transaction monitoring and customer screening back-up when the designated person is out of office. Providing support during all audits.
- Evaluate reviews of all triggers/red flags/EDD requests referred from various sources with the agreed turnaround times, submitting recommendations for further review of the Manager and BU stakeholders.
- Ensure procedures are adhered to during the investigations and rationale of concluding the reviews as “satisfactory” and “un-satisfactory” is documented clearly
- Initiate and demonstrate evidence of follow up with the Business Units/ Internal departments for a report on all reviews as per agreed procedures and necessary action on the relationship.
- Initiate and evidence RFls to business with proper justification and recording in the team Ml/tracker
- Follow up for overdue reviews and escalate to
- Conduct special investigations and/or respond to the Enhanced Due diligence intel by reviewing transactions, analyzing AML/Sanction impact and supporting Business Units and other internal departments in such matters.
- Identify themes, issues, consistent concerns and escalate the same to management.
- Assist the Manager in executing all remedial action arising from the QA reports/findings in respect to decisions on additions/deletions (Reviews – GAOWL & GPWL, Exit – GAOWL / GPWL and Exits)
- Assisting the Manager with ad hoc tasks, requests and projects. All Project Plan and Project Highlights Report may be used as evidence of project completion.
- Assist the Compliance Manager in the approval and ongoing review of new special risk accounts to ensure that regulatory and Group requirements are met.
- This includes identifying, verifying, documenting and escalating the irregularities based on gap analysis conducted on all available legal documentation. Providing internal verification and remediation support as may be required from time to time. Specific duties are specified below:
- Review of account opening documentation to identify the account structure and identify / verify the customers as required.
- Checking CDD profiles for completeness and verification to determine plausibility based on the information provided or any inconsistency detected
- Apply a risk-based approach while conducting account reviews, conduct necessary due diligence to be in line with the Bank’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
- With regards to PEP accounts, preparation of submission packs for senior management approvals
- Conducting on-boarding, migrations and periodic reviews as required by the policy.
- Conducting on-boarding reviews of investment accounts /
- Excellent PC skills in MS Office and a good command of both spoken and written English
- Ability to communicate well
- Good time management skills and adherence to deadlines essential.
- Good Knowledge of Bank’s core banking system (Finacle), working knowledge of SWIFT payments, AML TMU, PSCU, NTB – HRA and SDD, Risk Tool and knowledge of the external sanctions and internal rules and policies around sanctions
- The incumbent will have at least 4 years compliance experience in the financial services industry, preferably in retail banking compliance in a recognized market.
- UAE retail banking compliance / regulatory experience preferred.
- Adequate knowledge of UAE Central Bank AML rules and regulations. Reasonable knowledge of banking products and operations will be an advantage
Company: Emirates NBD
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.