Website Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City - SSMC
Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC), a tertiary referral (742 bed hospital) joint venture between Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (SEHA), the largest health care network in the United Arab Emirates) and Mayo Clinic, is seeking a Specialist Physician ENT for full time job. Basic Purpose of the role The Specialist Physician shares the same responsibility of the Consultant Physician for delivering high quality, evidence-based and patient-centered care. The post holder is expected to be an example of clinical excellence within the Division and contributes to the supervision and training of junior medical staff.
- Under the supervision of the Consultant Physician, diagnoses and treats patients according to established standards of best practice for the post holder’s specialty. The Specialist’s clinical duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists the Consultant Physician in supervising the activities of junior medical staff, and jointly assumes responsibility for the care they provide
- Regularly reviews results of all investigations and modifies treatment as required
- Liaises with other medical specialties and support services for additional input as required
- Supports and adheres to all hospital departmental and divisional initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Supports and participates in the organization’s performance management system, including peer review and the productivity and utilization review processes.
- Assists with Consultant staff in ensuring that adequate medical coverage is provided within the Division at all times
- Attends Divisional meetings as invited
- Supports the reporting, investigation, and response to untoward incidents
- Complies with all hospital polices regarding admissions, consultations, daily patient care, surgical procedures, discharge protocols, outpatient and follow up practices
- Practices appropriate utilization of the organization’s resources
- Leads ward rounds; reassesses both inpatients and outpatients on a regular basis, in line with established best practice
- Accurately documents all relevant clinical information in a clear and timely fashion in accordance with established procedures
- No experience required post board certification.
- Qualifications from Tier 3
- Qualifications from Tier 1 OR
- Qualifications from Tier 2 OR
Company: Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City - SSMC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.