Website American Hospital Dubai
The primary purpose of the Stem Cell Technician position is to assist in the performance of complex, highly specialized and time sensitive technical cell manipulation and testing procedures on irreplaceable, life-saving cellular products used for treatment of cancer patients undergoing Stem Cell Transplantation and/or Cellular Therapy treatment.
- Conduct analysis of specimens and ensure accurate data capture of laboratory results.
- Evaluate collected laboratory data and prepare reports as per departmental protocol
- Operate, calibrate, and maintain laboratory equipment. Ensure that equipment is used in the correct manner to obtain optimum results and report equipment malfunction are reported appropriately.
- Assist in maintaining accurate equipment list for the facility, maintenance schedule and organization of related records and documentation
- Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets
- Adjust to a flexible schedule work schedule as laboratory processing is dependent on patient/donor conditions, product/sample availability, age of collected cells as well as procedural modifications required to adapt to variable nature of incoming cellular products/samples
- Participate in the HSCT patient care conferences, working closely with the outpatient/inpatient medical, nursing and support staff personnel.
- Work independently and collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team of hospital professionals and services while patients undergo the transplant process. have a strong knowledge of Bone Marrow Transplant, the transplant process.
- Communicate with physicians/investigators, nurses, donor coordinators, internal and external testing laboratories and/or transplant facilities to ensure timely quality patient care.
- Demonstrates good time management and organizational skills. Interprets data based on knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information or other sensitive and personal information
- Conduct interactions with area program coordinators and related programs to ensure good customer service.
- Participate in special projects within the department as needed.
- Analyze data using spreadsheet and or/graphic software
- Demonstrates technical competency in the performance of routine and complex progenitor cells processing, and quality control.
- Perform error free calculations, including, but not limited to infusion cell doses, viabilities, dilutions, and cell concentrations.
- Performs basic technical cell manipulation and testing procedures on irreplaceable cellular products
- Provide result to physicians as per defined standard operating procedure.
- Current license to lab technologist in country of origin and with the DHA.
- BLS certification
- At least 2-5 years of Lab Technologist experience in Molecular Biology
- Experience in processing human marrow or stem cells for transplantation desirable.
- Laboratory experience in the handling of human blood and marrow and knowledge about the properties of such cells is preferred. Should be familiar with aseptic technique and working in laminar flow hoods.
- Must be well organized and possess good writing and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge in stem cells regulation and accreditation of FACT, JCEI, JCI and DHA requirements preferred.
- Private hospital experience preferred.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Company: American Hospital Dubai
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.