Website American Hospital Dubai
The primary purpose of the Stem Cell Technician position is to assist in the performance of complex, highly specialized and time sensitive technical cell manipulation and testing procedures on irreplaceable, life-saving cellular products used for treatment of cancer patients undergoing Stem Cell Transplantation and/or Cellular Therapy treatment.
- Participate in special projects within the department as needed.
- Evaluate collected laboratory data and prepare reports as per departmental protocol
- Provide result to physicians as per defined standard operating procedure.
- Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets
- Conduct interactions with area program coordinators and related programs to ensure good customer service.
- Performs basic technical cell manipulation and testing procedures on irreplaceable cellular products
- Assist in maintaining accurate equipment list for the facility, maintenance schedule and organization of related records and documentation
- Conduct analysis of specimens and ensure accurate data capture of laboratory results.
- Must be well organized and possess good writing and analytical skills.
- Post Graduate Qualification /Advanced Clinical Specialty preferable
- Current license to lab technologist in country of origin and with the DHA.
- At least 2-5 years of Lab Technologist experience in Molecular Biology
- BLS certification
- Laboratory experience in the handling of human blood and marrow and knowledge about the properties of such cells is preferred. Should be familiar with aseptic technique and working in laminar flow hoods.
- Experience in processing human marrow or stem cells for transplantation desirable.
Company: American Hospital Dubai
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.