Responsible for the overall management and technical operations of our fleet. This includes overseeing the daily operations of maintenance and repair, budgeting, survey schedules, onboard general assessment of vessels, inspections. Ensure the assigned vessels are technically operational or otherwise managed accordingly to the management agreement requirement.
- Review corrective actions, preventive actions and recommendations from investigation and analysis of accidents and near misses
- Assist in coordinating, arranging and timely follow up Flag State Inspection, external & internal ISM and ISPS audits as required
- Assist in timely follow up of port state inspections.
- Maintain strict cost control of the annual operating budget for each of the assigned vessels.
- Review monthly cost control for management’s approval
- Plan, manage, monitor and execute vessels repairs, dry dockings and conversions within agreed budgets.
- Arrange and follow up repairs and services.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a safe, cost efficient and environmentally sound operation standard in compliance with the Company’s Quality Management System as well as the International Marine regulations and the vessels’ classification
- Manage daily operation of the assigned vessels and advise Masters/ Chief Engineers and Ship staff on all technical matters such as but not limited to all technical/engine room operations, anchoring and mooring operations, cargo & tank cleaning operations etc.
- Conduct internal audit and shipboard inspections & complete relevant reports
- Conduct investigation and root cause analysis of incidents, accidents and near miss
- Proven track record as Technical Superintendent for 2-year in a shore-based Shipping company will be an advantage
- Class 1 Certificate of Competency – Must HAVE
- Minimum one year of CE on PSV/AHTS/Subsea, DSV and offshore barges (Preferred)
- Responsible, resourceful and a good team player
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.